Need help now!!!

Silverfox97

PLATINUM Castaway Club
Hi everyone,

OK, I like to consider myself a good cook/baker. I need help with an interpretation.

Right now, in the oven, is the Tie-Dye cheesecake from Pop Century. I made it to take to work for a co-worker. Here's my dilemma:

Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes. When time is up, prop open oven door and leave in oven for one hour. After one hour, remove from oven. Let cool enough before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.

Do you:
1) Turn the over OFF and prop the door open for one hour?

Or
2) Leave the oven at 325 and prop the oven open for one hour?

If it's #2, that sucks, because I am going to be heating my house! But, I want it to be done, especially since I am taking it to work. Right now, it's in the over for the hour and 15 minutes.

TIA!!!!

I would say the oven should be off- it is not the way I have made cheesecake before but it shouldn't cook for that much longer. I believe the hour in the oven with the door slightly open is for it to cool slowly so it doesn't drop with a sudden change in heat.

Rebecca

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started to do the other option, then I thought, wait, I'll be pumping energy to keep the oven hot while the door is open? What the hell is the point of that?? Makes sense - thanks :) I think it cooked too long - it cracked...

It says to let it completely cool before putting it in the fridge, than to refrigerate for 24 hrs.

Just hope it's not dry.............(Looks cool at least!)

It says when the time is up so that means to turn off the oven. I am 52 years old and have been making cheesecakes since I was 12 and I can count the number of times one hasn't cracked on one hand...they all tasted great.
:rotfl:

Took it to work today -- it was a BIG hit!! I have to say, the cheesecake portion was perfect & delicious. The red velvet cake "crust" part was a little dry.....still good nonetheless!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter