Need help, last ADR, possible Signature?

MinnieTink

DIS Veteran
Oh, I need help. I think I've got everything set and then....ya know, maybe I am over-thinking....

ANYWAY. We have 2 TS credits to plan for. We are really not willing to have 2 sit down meals in one day...too much food and takes too much time. So, I have booked an ADR for Yachtman steakhouse. I need opinions. I have looked at some reviews, and while good, the descriptions and pictures of the food are just not doing it for me.

What is your favorite Signature, and why, keeping in mind that we will have our 3 kids with us. The two girls are very adventurous eaters and can handle most dining environments. My son, on the other hand....will need something basic on the menu.....

help...!

thanks!

With your family as you have described, I would pick either Jiko or Ca Grill. Don't let Jiko's menu or reputation scare you, the entrees are tame enough and it's a wonderful different experience. Ca Grill has a very eclectic menu to suit all tastes and amazing MK views. It's a little noisier here and has a more casual vibe as a result.

I would not do Yachtsman. The food is decent enough but nothing special, if you have a steakhouse at home, it's not any different. And the atmosphere is rather traditional and boring.

Oh, I need help. I think I've got everything set and then....ya know, maybe I am over-thinking....

ANYWAY. We have 2 TS credits to plan for. We are really not willing to have 2 sit down meals in one day...too much food and takes too much time. So, I have booked an ADR for Yachtman steakhouse. I need opinions. I have looked at some reviews, and while good, the descriptions and pictures of the food are just not doing it for me.

What is your favorite Signature, and why, keeping in mind that we will have our 3 kids with us. The two girls are very adventurous eaters and can handle most dining environments. My son, on the other hand....will need something basic on the menu.....

help...!

thanks!

Personally I love Cal Grill. The view is outstanding and the food is just as great. The Yachtsman is good, however I think the kids will like the Cal Grill.

I think Cali Grill is the best signature for families with kids. The view and Wishes will keep them more enhtertained. But it's hard to get in there. So my second recommendations would Citricos or Flying Fish. Absolutely amazing food at both of those.

I also think Hoop-dee-doo might be more fun for your kids! It is also 2 credits!

Although my favorite is Citrico's, my second favorite is The Flying Fish which is more kid-friendly.

We just took our 3 kids (one very picky, one doesn't care to sit still for long periods of time!) to Brown Derby at DHS and we loved it!!! The kids' menu had choices for our pickiest eater, the tuna appetizer and the grapefruit cake for dessert were outstanding, the CMs were very friendly, and there was enough going on (we had a table by the window) to occupy our youngest. So I'd vote for Brown Derby!!

We have never eaten at Yachtsman, but we stayed at BC last week and walked by. I could see why OP is looking for an alternative with the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter