NEED HELP- GF Honeymoon Room Type

eromzek

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

I need some help.. as I have never stayed in the GF main building and am conflicted on price vs room type..

I currently have a King Deluxe Room, main building CL, booked for my honeymoon in June for 5 nights..using the AA rate. I called this morning to apply the recent Visa discount, and unfortunately it cannot be applied to this room type .

However, for (literally) $1,000 less, I can book a regular Deluxe room (2 queen beds), main building CL.. however I have no idea what type of view I could get with this type of room.

$1000 is alot, but ever since I booked this months ago I had my heart set on the beautiful octagon view king room.. and just have no idea whether a 'regular' deluxe room with 2 queens would provide the same view/atmosphere for a honeymoon!! To complicate matters more, with the recent beach / DVC construction.. I'm not sure what type of view I'm setting myself up for..

Can someone who knows these rooms provide some advice??

I'm not an expert, but from what I've learned here on the DIS after our main building stay was that the "honeymoon" rooms are over Gasparilla's with a castle view. ((at least that's the way it was before, I'm not sure if they have changed things with the renovations)) So if you switch to a regular main building room you might be on the back side looking towards construction. Definitely ask this question over on the GF FAQ thread for better help. :)

I'm not an expert, but from what I've learned here on the DIS after our main building stay was that the "honeymoon" rooms are over Gasparilla's with a castle view. ((at least that's the way it was before, I'm not sure if they have changed things with the renovations)) So if you switch to a regular main building room you might be on the back side looking towards construction. Definitely ask this question over on the GF FAQ thread for better help. :)

Thank you.
When I called, they said a regular deluxe room in main building faces "Pool, Beach, or Garden".. whereas my current reservation, King Deluxe, is "Panoramic view of Polynesian".

Do you know where the construction is, and with which view I'm more likely to be staring at it?

thanks again
Erik

Thank you.
When I called, they said a regular deluxe room in main building faces "Pool, Beach, or Garden".. whereas my current reservation, King Deluxe, is "Panoramic view of Polynesian".

Do you know where the construction is, and with which view I'm more likely to be staring at it?

thanks again
Erik

The construction is in the back, so it would directly affect the rooms facing the theme pool and beach. You'd still have the view they stated but behind it would be the DVC construction. I guess it depends on how much time you'll be spending on your balcony. Honestly, for the extremely high price you're paying for the main building I probably would switch to another resort. I couldn't cough up a thousand bucks a night to look at construction. Have you thought about the Poly? Or the YC? Or maybe just downgrading to a regular GF room? Conch Key is really nice. We were in Boca Chica last year and had a nice view. :)

7587667428_7e56dedf95_z.jpg

i'm just doing a Google image search for these. You can go on there and look and get a pretty good idea of what your view might be. :)

thank you again.

I'm just trying to figure out which of these reported views would be most impacted by construction:

-Panoramic Polynesian (which is the King Deluxe Turret view)
-Beach/Pool/Garden (which is the regular Deluxe / 2 queen beds)

Judging by the photos.. panoramic polynesian view seems like it would be least impacted because it has a wider view... Not sure whether there are Deluxe rooms available on the other side of the building

thank you again.

I'm just trying to figure out which of these reported views would be most impacted by construction:

-Panoramic Polynesian (which is the King Deluxe Turret view)
-Beach/Pool/Garden (which is the regular Deluxe / 2 queen beds)

Judging by the photos.. panoramic polynesian view seems like it would be least impacted because it has a wider view... Not sure whether there are Deluxe rooms available on the other side of the building

There are deluxe rooms with 2 queen beds that are theme park view. I have stayed in them. However, I believe they are in their own category which is separate from beach/pool/garden.

There are deluxe rooms with 2 queen beds that are theme park view. I have stayed in them. However, I believe they are in their own category which is separate from beach/pool/garden.

Thanks. Are these the larger variety (~630 sq ft)?

Thanks. Are these the larger variety (~630 sq ft)?

No. The theme park view Main Building rooms are regular size. The Deluxe rooms are all on one hallway away from the theme park area. None of the "deluxe" rooms will have a direct view of the DVC construction, although it many be visible from some of the balconies. All of the deluxe rooms have two queen beds and a sitting area with a sofa, table, and possibly an armchair.

And not all Deluxe King rooms are the octogon shape. There are six of those, two each on three floors. Then there are nine Deluxe King rooms facing the Castle on the 2nd floor that are regular size rooms. If you reserve a "King Deluxe Room" you may get either of the two above type rooms. You can request, but not reserve the type.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter