Need help getting my husband to chill...

jcano

Mouseketeer
We have 270 some days to go, and he is constantly obsessing about our touring plan, how to work the EMH and ADRs, and (need I say it?) FP+. Help! ;)

;) Embrace the Planner...he senses the magic.

I could also send him a copy of my Excel Planning Spreadsheet:goodvibes

Sounds about normal to me!!

My wife has learned to just back away and let me do my thing, she just asks that before we leave on a trip to let her know what we are doing each day. Our upcoming Disney trip is pretty much planned but I'm still working on 10 or 11 camping trips for the year, I currently have four of them booked.

We have 270 some days to go, and he is constantly obsessing about our touring plan, how to work the EMH and ADRs, and (need I say it?) FP+. Help! ;)

I think I like him....
I love to plan..our wdw trip is 233 days !

We still don't know when we are returning to the magic, but we constantly talk about it and plan for it. It is part of the fun. My 7 year old DD even gets into it. In our house, you can never plan too early or too much !!!!

I love your husband(Ps I am a husband just like him);)

Sunday is our 180 mark which means ADR time.

Last week I was off work for 2 days and you can imagine what I did.

Like others said embrace it. Maybe try sitting down and telling him you are excited but its so far out that stuff may change. Maybe arrange one day a week for updates and as it gets closer make time for more meetings.

I know I am the over planner as WDW is costing so much and we are a diverse family as me, DW, DD 16, DDBFF 16, DS 10 and DD 10 are going. So to find stuff for kids, adults, teens and boy and girls is a lot.

In my house, I'm the planner and DH is not as interested in advance planning as I would like for him to be.

You could set aside a little time each week to "meet" with him about WDW and tell him you just don't want to talk about it the rest of the week.

Think about it as his hobby and maybe it will be easier to understand why he's so focused. At least he's not a hoarder!

He's probably just as irritated that you're not obsessed.

Sound like ME! (I'm currently planning out our meals for our 2015 trip LOL)! DH rolls his eyes at my over-planning, but he knows that once we get there, I relax and go with the flow much more than my over-planning would seem to indicate. For many of us planners - much of the fun is in the planning. When I'm making my lists it's almost as if I'm a "little bit AT Disney" already!

If your plans are like a "wish list" and not a "If we don't do everything exactly as planned on this list I will lose my mind", then it's all good. Definitely have a sit down just to make sure it's all realistic. DH needs to remember that plans can't be set in stone though to avoid meltdowns when reality throws bumps your way. It's ok to modify it even after you get there, and it's good to miss things so you can have an excuse to go again! :)

Sound like ME! (I'm currently planning out our meals for our 2015 trip LOL)! DH rolls his eyes at my over-planning, but he knows that once we get there, I relax and go with the flow much more than my over-planning would seem to indicate. For many of us planners - much of the fun is in the planning. When I'm making my lists it's almost as if I'm a "little bit AT Disney" already!

If your plans are like a "wish list" and not a "If we don't do everything exactly as planned on this list I will lose my mind", then it's all good. Definitely have a sit down just to make sure it's all realistic. DH needs to remember that plans can't be set in stone though to avoid meltdowns when reality throws bumps your way. It's ok to modify it even after you get there, and it's good to miss things so you can have an excuse to go again! :)

Very good post! :thumbsup2

I think it's normal. I've been doing it since August, 262 days before our arrival.

Tell him to call me, I could use a sounding board since my husband never wants to talk about it! We could compare notes! LOL

We are at like 178 and I'm obsessing the ADR's I made, what days to go where, magic band colors, fast passes etc. I finally got him to look at the magic band colors! I'm not even sure he requested the week off of work yet!

I'm a first born child, type A personality, I can't stop!!!!!!:rotfl2:

Tell him to call me, I could use a sounding board since my husband never wants to talk about it! We could compare notes! LOL

We are at like 178 and I'm obsessing the ADR's I made, what days to go where, magic band colors, fast passes etc. I finally got him to look at the magic band colors! I'm not even sure he requested the week off of work yet!

I'm a first born child, type A personality, I can't stop!!!!!!:rotfl2:

I found out just a couple of years ago that my DH asked off for the day of our wedding the night before we got married

He asked off. They said "Sure, are you doing anything special?" DH: "Getting married." Them: :scared1:

I found out just a couple of years ago that my DH asked off for the day of our wedding the night before we got married

He asked off. They said "Sure, are you doing anything special?" DH: "Getting married." Them: :scared1:

Oh boy!! Funny now but not if you then!

We used to, or I should say, I used to plot the whole trip per event and day.... that was years ago, now after 50 trips, nothing not so much on paper...

When we were newbies, knowing which park, opening and closing times..places close to eat where we would be, we essential...it stopped the wasted time of, what are we doing now....!!

Now we're loose with our plans, secret is staying on property for as long as possible, we won't go for under 7 days with 11 making a trip to WDW so stress free with the extra time plus those days after 3, $10.00 a day there after....

Your husband sounds just like me. LOL! Nod and say "uh huh" a lot when he talks about it. That's what my husband does to me. :-)

For some people (myself included) looking forward to the vacation is as much fun as the trip itself. I love looking forward to a Disney trip and thoroughly enjoy the planning process. We continually watch youtube videos of the resort we will be at and watch the Disney Documentaries on Netflix and Hulu. One of my favorite quotes is "Disney is not just a destination, it is a way of life". That won't help you make him quit obsessing, but maybe it added some insight. At least you will be well organized! :thumbsup2

My husband thought I was nuts until we got there and I had all the answers to his sudden questions about everything all while optimizing the experience with the best, most thought out plans. And a plan B if ever needed! You will be thankful because you get there and it's overwhelming to make a million decisions. A nicely guided tour by your husband who already has laid out all pros/cons is the way to go!! You're gonna love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter