Need Help from parents of 10 year old boys *UPDATED. 06-02-13

Tuffcookie

Enjoys an early hour of peace. Is a smart cookie.
Grandson, Paul is turning 10 this month and I'm looking for a gift. What are some of the most popular toys for 10 year old boys? He's very studious and plays chess but I want to get him something that is just plain fun! :)

*06-02-13 Today was the birthday celebration with family. (Actual birthday is the 8th, which he will have a sleep-over with friends) The Khet game was a BIG hit! Thank you to everyone that suggested it. I also saved all the other suggestions for the Christmas list. :)

TC :cool1:

Mine were obsessed with star wars legos. They also liked the harry potter ones. They are 12 now but they were slowly getting out of toys at that age but the legos for older kids was always a hit. Plus anything sports related. Football. basketball/hoop!!

My son is 10 too. I just ordered him a miniature popcorn maker for his bday this summer. It was featured on Jill's steals a month ago.

He likes...
- Lego Kits
- Visa gift card (he likes to go out shopping)
- Games (monopoly, Clue, Scrabble, Blokus, etc..)
- tickets to movie and dinner
- Computer Game (my boy is really into this zoo building game.. it teaches him income/spending/profit, etc... It's called Zoo Tycoon) My other boy likes Simcity. He builds all different cities and has to stay within budget. It's the 10 and up rating.

If I think of any others, I'll post. By 10 they are out of little toys mostly. My kids don't have video games or Ipad/Ipods so we have to get creative with gifts. The Visa gift card is a good one.

Basketball hoop that goes over my son's bedroom door. It comes with little basketballs. He loves that.

He sounds like my 10 year old - he loves science, chess, reading, documentaries (especially on the brain or astrophysics).

We got my son a robotic arm for Christmas and that was a big hit. He also still loves squirt guns. There are some with water clips that are his favorites.

Let's see...some other things he has/loves/would like:

Microscope and prepared slides

Board games (he loves them!) - he currently wants Pandemic, but is also into Axis and Allies and Monopoly.

Science equipment (a mortar and pestle was one of his favorite gifts, go figure)

I just asked my son and he said "If he has an Xbox, tell her to get him Portal 2." He also suggested Perplexus, a chemistry set, and "Squishy Baff" (stuff that makes your bath water turn to goo and back to water).

Does he play mine craft? Does he have that yet? Its my 10 year olds favorite. He loves anything from think geek too.

DS10 is getting ready to turn 11 and wants Nerf guns, xbox points, Perplexus, and Khet. If your DGS likes chess, Khet might be a good option. It's a chess game that uses lasers for additional strategies.

DS10 is getting ready to turn 11 and wants Nerf guns, xbox points, Perplexus, and Khet. If your DGS likes chess, Khet might be a good option. It's a chess game that uses lasers for additional strategies.

Neither I, nor my son had ever heard of Khet. I just showed him a youtube ad for it and he was extremely impressed!

Neither I, nor my son had ever heard of Khet. I just showed him a youtube ad for it and he was extremely impressed!

Yeah, I'm not sure where he saw it but it's for sale on Amazon for $30. I have not checked around for prices yet but plan to order it for his bday. Anything to provide entertainment besides video games!

Mine would like:

*Legos (generally Star Wars)
*XBox games/points
*3DS games
*Sporting Goods
*Water/Nerf Guns

My son would like:

Lego (anything, but especially Star Wars)
Minecraft
Nerf guns
water guns
Game Stop gift card

I have a 10 year old son who loves to read, so if yours does: DS's absolute favorite birthday gift was his Kindle Paperwhite. Then Amazon gift cards work for any occasion after that!

My 9 year old is into sports - anything for that - baseballs, bats, basketball, bowling, football. He wants a ripstik and a motorized scooter for his birthday next month. Also loves nerf guns, water guns, He loves fact books - Guiness Books, Ripley's, etc. He is learning chess right now. Loves card games. Anything he can do outside...that's where it is at!

My nephew just turned 10. On his list this year were: Skylanders figures (for use with Wii game); Legos (any kind); National Geographic Kids magazine, Garfield comic compilation books. He also listed some activities that are available in our area.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! :thumbsup2

He has a ton of Legos stuff so I would like something diferent than Legos.

It seems the older they get, the harder they are to buy for!

TC :cool1:

Thought of another thing - my DS wants a subscription to Popular Science. He got one a few years ago and after reading it in his math teacher's room, wants to subscribe again. He also loves the Game Informer magazine from Gamestop.

My son loved Beyblades between 8 - 10 or so. Not sure how "in" they are now.

Model?

Science/chemistry kit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter