Need Help from Chicago Flyers

maureenmac

Mouseketeer
We are going in Nov for Thanksgiving. Our son's friend is flying in from Chicago. He can use O'Hare or Midway. Any ideas on which airlines he should look at and from where? He just moved there from So. Dakota so we need help with this. Thanks.

I prefer to fly AA but will use Expedia.com to check flight prices, and times. Once I have the dates firmed up I check Expedia on a daily basis until I find a time and price I can live with. I will usually pay a bit more to fly AA out of O'Hare. That being said our last flight was out of Midway on ATA for $130.00 (01/05) Our upcoming flight (in just 24 days :goodvibes) is on AA out of O'Hare for $190.00. Airfare prices have been all over the board lately so once you see something you can live with grab it. My June tickets had been over $300, went down only one day to the $190 (that's when I grabbed them) and then went up to $400 then $800, I think they are $600 something as of late.

I've usually flown United (uh oh lately) out of O'Hare, but the best prices are usually Spirit (if you want O'Hare), and Southwest or Airtran are the cheapest (out of Midway).

I find that if I see a flight from O'Hare around $200, I usually grab it. The most I've paid to MCO is usually no more than $225 or so. I don't fly out of Midway, but the fares should be cheaper.

We are equally distant from both O'Hare and Midway, but I prefer MDW whenever possible. The security lines are typically shorter, and it's smaller and more convenient than O'Hare. Also, it tends to have less delays. We used to fly ATA out of MDW all the time, and now we've become SW regulars. Usually they are the cheapest, but even if it was a little more, we'd pay a bit of a "surcharge" for Midway.
Barb

I, too, recommend Southwest out of Midway. Southwest has great prices. I've had nothing but great experience on that airline.

We are flying AA out of ohare in Aug. and our tickets are 175 round trip. I like MDW because it is closer and smaller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter