Need Help for My "Day of Many Rides"

Yep - Magic Kingdom wedding in the middle of the night at 1:30 a.m. in the Hub in front of the Castle. Had to be at Grand Floridian for chartered bus/security check at 11:30 p.m. - dropped off near Plaza Ice Cream Parlor after driving through/parking backstage. It was insane!
congrats to the happy couple and their crazy, obviously part-robot family!

If you got time, I'd definitely watch these two YouTube videos...

It's two teams perspective of doing a 4 park challenge race in one day, doing several of the rides that you wanted to do outside of the ILL attractions. They started late at 9am and wrapped up at 6pm but just a couple of examples of what you can get accomplished in a short amount of time if you know how to edit and modify Genie+ Lightning Lane reservations.
These videos were incredibly helpful. I admit I had no idea about how to do the Genie+ "slots" and try for better times. I'm now more encouraged that I have a shot at hitting 80+% of my rides if I'm persistent and a wee bit lucky. Woot woot!

You continue to amaze me, you fabulous Disboards Rock Stars! Such great advice.

Note: I plan to ride other rides whenever the opportunity presents itself. The list above is just all the rides I've never done.

After reading all of your posts and suggestions, I have a few questions:
  1. If I'm in line at AK at 6:30am (which I plan to be), what is the reliability of cell service for me to do all my VQ/G+/ILL reservations at 7:00am? (If service is shoddy, would it help if I wrapped my head in aluminum foil or held a 5-iron up towards the sky? Asking for a friend.)
  2. If it's just me on my phone at 7 o'clock and not a team of friends/family feverishly clicking away on the app, is it everyone's recommendation that I try to secure my rides in the following order? a) VQ for GoG or Tron, b) G+ for SDD/Remy, c) Purchase ILL for RoR and whatever I didn't get of GoG/Tron?
  3. No matter what, I'm starting my day at AK and ending at MK due to park hours. Regarding the other two parks, if I had to spend more time in either HS or Epcot because of wait times and ride availability, I'd like to spend more time in Epcot. Does impact how I should try to book my rides?
  4. Finally, what if I get GoG, but my BG time isn't until much later in the afternoon? Same goes for any of the other rides on my target list? What's the likelihood of me massaging LL windows?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Do VQ for GoG first. Then do a LL for your second park. Then buy ILL for Rise and Tron. You can try for aTron boarding group at the 1pm window

Note: I plan to ride other rides whenever the opportunity presents itself. The list above is just all the rides I've never done.

1. If I'm in line at AK at 6:30am (which I plan to be), what is the reliability of cell service for me to do all my VQ/G+/ILL reservations at 7:00am? (If service is shoddy, would it help if I wrapped my head in aluminum foil or held a 5-iron up towards the sky? Asking for a friend.)
  2. If it's just me on my phone at 7 o'clock and not a team of friends/family feverishly clicking away on the app, is it everyone's recommendation that I try to secure my rides in the following order? a) VQ for GoG or Tron, b) G+ for SDD/Remy, c) Purchase ILL for RoR and whatever I didn't get of GoG/Tron?
  3. No matter what, I'm starting my day at AK and ending at MK due to park hours. Regarding the other two parks, if I had to spend more time in either HS or Epcot because of wait times and ride availability, I'd like to spend more time in Epcot. Does impact how I should try to book my rides?
  4. Finally, what if I get GoG, but my BG time isn't until much later in the afternoon? Same goes for any of the other rides on my target list? What's the likelihood of me massaging LL windows?
    1. We had Verizon, my sister had AT&T - neither of us had any issues.
    1. Yep
    1. We did this because it let us start earlier (AK opened earliest) and end later (MK had latest close time), and we could skyliner back and forth between HS and Epcot if needed to accommodate RoR and Remy ILL/GofG boarding group... since RoR seems to be the most likely ride to go down out of the big rides.
    1. GoG seems pretty good about letting people ride once Boarding Group window has past. Tron has NOT been this way - maybe every now and then lets you ride once your Group has expired, but not after dark.
    2. LL - you can Modify times as available once you book them so keep checking back. UPDATE: You can modify Lightening Lanes that you got from Genie + (like Remy, Frozen, Slinky Dog etc.) as long Genie+ LLs are still available for that day when you modify. Any Individual Lightening Lanes (ILL) you buy (for GofG, Tron, Flights of Passage, Seven Dwarves) can't modify unless you find someone in Guest Services that will do it for you - which they don't typically do.

Last edited:

You should have quite a bit of opportunity to hit some other/additional rides if you use G+ and (as needed) stack for the PM.

What we often do is G+ starting in AK/Epcot or Hs then hop to MK. Sometime before we hop to MK, we begin stacking G+ for 6pm or later.

While it is possible to do all 4 in one day, as I said you lose a fair bit of time getting between the parks. Taking the monorail mid-day can be quite slow, if you hit a shift change. Other times, the monorail can be quick. If you really want to get to MK quickly, and don't care about $, you could take a Minnie van to MK.

1. It can be mixed. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it has glitched on me.
2. That sounds about right. If a BG doesn't work out, you could pay to ride by buying an ILL. IMO, $20 is a lot to pay for 1 ride, but then you'd get to choose the return time.
3. you'll have to play it by ear, but I'd probably plan: AK, HS, then Epcot, and last MK.

Much of Epcot, aside from GoG, Remy, TT and FEA - has pretty short waits. Aside from rides, it is pretty easy to spend enjoyable time walking around getting food, looking at gardens, giftshops etc. If you only hit 1 gift shop in Epcot, try Japan or the main Creations shop. These days, I find HS frustrating. Rides are foten down, and there isn't much to do between G+ passes. Epcot's new Moana walk through has no wait, and is pretty fun. That would be easy to fit into your day. On the other hand, if your goal is to hit as much as possible in all 4 parks, you could also lose quite a bit of time walking the whole World Showcase. It is easy to criss-cross MK, but it takes time to get from GoG to Remy.

4. You can try talking to Guest Services. I don't know if they will be able to help. they might be willing/able to modify a return time for you. On my most recent trip, I did not see many blue tent GS in the parks. (WDW had many when G+ was new.) Oh, one important thing to know is that only the GS in Epcot can help you with a pass for an Epcot attraction. In other words, you can't ask for help modifying an Epcot pass (or any others) while you are in a different park. And while you are Epcot you can get help with any passes for AK/MK/HS.

One more thing to know is that a ride could be down. That also happens a fair amount these days. If it happens you might end up with an anytime pass, but it will only be valid for an attraction in that park.

I've done many 2 park days, and a few 3 park days. (I've done many WDW plus the 2 Universal park combo days but those are easy.) It is entirely possible to do 20+ attractions in 1 day with G+ and paying for ILL's., but fitting in all the specific ones you list gets tricky. If the priority is to do those rides, then you'll probably have to wait in a standby or two to make it work. If you are willing to make a few swaps, then you can more easily get to 20+ total rides, while still getting quite a few of the most popular attractions. It depends a bit on luck, and where your priorities fall.

As another poster said, for Test Track and EE, single rider can help. The only thing is, they don't always open single rider early in the morning.

Tomorrow's the big day. Can't wait.

Quick Disboards etiquette question: for those who asked for an update about my trip, should I post it here? Or should I post it as a separate Trip Report elsewhere on the site?

You can update this thread if you wish.

Have a great day!! Sounds like fun, especially with the lower crowds this week!!

Tomorrow's the big day. Can't wait.

Quick Disboards etiquette question: for those who asked for an update about my trip, should I post it here? Or should I post it as a separate Trip Report elsewhere on the site?

Hope you had a great day yesterday. Hopefully you had a chance to visit all 4 parks and ride most of the attractions you were interested in. Looking forward to reading your Trip Report whenever you get time to write it.

Trip Report for my Day of Many Rides

If you’re pressed for time or are easily distracted (squirrel!), here’s the TL/DR version of my trip:
  • Timing: Thursday, April 11th, 2024
  • Lodging: All Star Sports Resort
  • Original Goal: My dream list of rides included: FoP, NRJ, GotG, ROTR, SDD, MMRR, Remy, Tron, and I rode everything on the list except SDD. Darn you, Slinky!
  • Why? I was on a business trip and suddenly found that I had a free day between speaking engagements
  • Specifics: I hit all 4 parks and was in the parks from 6:40am-9:40pm.
  • I rode 22 rides! Giddy up, little doggie!
  • Stay tuned ‘til the end to see how many steps I took and how many miles I walked (er, ran)
Okay, now on to the full trip report:

My ride ratings are on a scale of 1-10 and “NR” indicates a New Ride for me (or Never Ridden before, your choice) - and please forgive me if I don't use all the proper abbreviations

5:25am Alarm goes off – normally this would be a shock to my system, but not on this glorious Day of Many Rides

6:26am I’m first in line at ASSR for the bus to DAK; at first it was eerily lonely, but then about 6 other people queued up, too

IMG_2457.jpeg

6:40am The bus arrives at DAK and from what I can tell, we’re one of the first buses to arrive; not gonna lie, I kinda sorta ran-walked to security

6:48am I’m the 6th person in line to enter the park at my entry point; super helpful folks in front of me waiting in line; an English bloke and his kids from London and a couple of dudes from Nashville

IMG_2460.jpeg

When the sun comes up, it’s a delightful 74 degrees with cloudy skies; perfect park weather; my weather app says it’s going to be windy all morning with a chance of rain between 3:00-5:00pm (foreshadowing…cue the ominous music)

7:00am I get in the VQ for GotG and get BG 16; jackpot! Although, I admit, I wasn’t expecting to get a BG that early in the morning

This forces my hand to use my first G+ on a ride at Epcot which wasn’t my initial plan; but hey, fixed path, flexible goal, right?

I go for Remy on G+ and get 12:35pm; not too shabby

Next, I secure ROTR for 2:05pm on ILL$

My 2nd ILL$ is Tron at 8:05pm because I’m ending my day at MK and I heard it’s cool to ride Tron at night

7:14am Rope drop; I keep telling myself, “Be cool. Be cool. Stay frosty.”

IMG_2462.jpeg

7:40am – I walk into the covered part of the queue at FoP; AMAZING theming! the only downside of scurrying to get on the ride is that I don’t have a chance to appreciate the intricate detail of Pandora; feels like I’m actually on another word

7:55am I finish FoP (NR) – easily one of the best rides I’ve ever been on; rating? 11/10 (“It goes up to 11.”)

7:58am I walk on NRJ (NR)

8:08pm Finish NR – 7/10 rating and I would have rated it a 6, but the unbelievably realistic animatronics of the Nav’i shaman at the end gives it a boost; I simply couldn’t stop staring at it

8:20am I walk on to EE (7/10); really enjoy the theming esp. the artifacts in the museum-like queue; could’ve ridden it twice, but wanted to keep checking more rides off my list;

8:27am D’oh! (to be said in your best Homer Simpson voice); I leave my baseball hat in the little pouch of my EE coaster; as a bald fella in the Florida sun without a hat, my head will turn red and I will melt; as everyone knows, melted bald man on the sidewalk is hard to clean up; I have to wait for the 5 coasters on the ride to cycle through; then a lovely CM fetches it for me; I try to tip her; she refuses; this hat mishap costs me valuable time; undeterred, I press on

IMG_2465.jpeg
[EE coasters going off half empty. Woot woot!]

8:36am I walk on Dinosaur! (NR) 3/10; kind of a meh ride; maybe if I were a paleontologist or actor Sam Neill I would appreciate it more

8:40am BG #16 for GotG is called and I need to book it there by 9:40am; frankly, DAK is my favorite park for just wandering around; wish I could have done it more, but duty calls; so I head towards the park entrance

Note: as l leave DAK, I notice I’ve already walked 7,566 steps or 3.5 miles

9:06am I catch an Uber to Epcot $12.98; not bad

9:17am I arrive at Epcot and hightail it to GotG

9:18am I do a leprechaun-like jump-up-and-click-your-heels-move for no reason in front of the giant Epcot ball; just felt right

:jumping2:
9:35am I check into GotG; phew just under the wire; I like the humor of Star-Lord and his buddies in the queue

10:03am I exit GotG (NR) – 10/10; I liken this ride to a cooler, hipper, smoother, updated, SM with better music; but I have to say, this ride took forever; felt like the queue was 25+ minutes; maybe that’s normal and maybe I just got lulled into an unrealistic view of wait times given every ride at DAK was a walk-on

10:20am I jump in the single rider line at TT (8/10) and walk right on

I then wander the World Showcase for about 2 hours; my favorite lands are England, Germany, Japan, Norway, and Mexico

11:01am I get MMRR G+LL for 12:40pm; and here’s where I think I messed up; SDD was available at 6pm – I couldn’t figure out to how to play the G+ “slots” and try for a better time so I stick with MMRR

11:15am I dine al fresco at Magnolia Terrace at the American Experience; I wasn’t planning to eat there or this early, but STOP THE PRESSES! DO NOT PASS ‘GO!’ DO NOT COLLECT $200! Did I just see that they sell gumbo and Bananas Foster bread pudding? Come to papa! Those are two of my favorite things in the world; had to stop

Epcot Magnolia Terrace 1.jpeg

11:39am I mosey over to Mexico. Yes, you heard that right. I moseyed. I walk on to Gran Fiesta Tour (NR); 4/10 ride; kind of corny, but I love the beginning of the ride when you float past the restaurant tables à la PoC and Blue Bayou restaurant at Disneyland;

12:03pm I look at the app and it says Soarin’ is only a 20-minute wait in stand by; I casually walk over and by the time I get here, it’s 45 minutes. What the? Big stinking bummer; don’t feel like waiting; I bail

12:08pm I “stroll” through Journey of Water with Moana and try to enjoy it, but it’s overrun with families; not complaining; I love kids, have two of my own, but couldn’t really settle into the vibe of the garden; so I head back to France

12:25pm I arrive at Remy (NR) G+LL line 10 mins early; they let me in; I speak a little French with one of the CMs; I was a French literature major in college; I knew it would come in handy one day

12:40pm I exit Remy; fun ride; 8/10; loved “being small,” riding in a mouse vehicle, and how all the cars would scatter at times throughout the ride like real mice would do;

I hit 20,000 steps while leaving EPCOT – that’s 10 miles

12:45pm I hop on Skyliner (never been on it) to HS;

Alert! Alert! I get kicked off at the transfer point in Jamaica / Caribbean Beach Resort due to high winds; I now have to take a bus the rest of the way; it’s okay; my middle name is flexible; that’s not true, but it should be. 🌪️🚌

While on the bus, the sky turns dark and angry; I’m getting “Perfect Storm” vibes; very windy, drops of rain start hitting the windshield; remember the forecast? Well, the rain is making an appearance about 3 hours early

1:30pm I arrive at HS due to the Skyliner curve ball; probably cost me 45 minutes

1:45pm I ride MMRR (NR) as a G+LL; I give it a 6.5/10; fun ride; loved walking into the cartoon through the hole in the movie screen; great graphics and I enjoyed how the train cars scatter in different directions à la Remy

2:03pm I stop for a cronut from Joffrey’s, what do I think of these mouthwatering pillowy fried creations from the heavens above? They’re un-buh-stinkin-lievable! (Perhaps God’s perfect food.)

2:15pm I “drop” in to ToT on a G+LL; I’ve ridden ToT many times and it’s in my Top 5 all time for theming; the costumes of the CMs, the music, the creepy electrified ghostlike hotel guests, it all works so well; ToT gets a 9/10 on my never-to-be-questioned scale

2:28pm Alert! Alert! When I exit ToT, I can’t even make my way through the gift shop because it’s packed with people. Why? There’s a monsoon outside. And we’re talking a deluge of giant-sized water drops pounding the park from the sky. I start to panic. Not because I’m afraid water will mess up my hair, but because if I wait out storm, I run the risk of missing my 2:05-3:05pm RoR window. Yikes!

☔🌧️🌂

2:30pm I invest $12.99 in a clear Disney poncho. I don that fabulous garment and race through the elements to RoR. It’s like I’m trying to make the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs. As I run, I step in several 1-2” deep mini-rivers and my shoes are soaked. Happens.

2:40pm I finally get to ROTR (NR) using my first ILL$ of the day; ROTR is 8/10; I LOVE the length of the ride and the feeling that you’re literally inside a First Order Star Destroyer, but the time it takes to get from each stage of the ride causes the storytelling/vignette to lose it’s continuity IMHO; still so glad I had a chance to ride it

3:12pm I walk on to MFSR via the single riders lane; 9/10; can’t beat pretending to be Han Solo for a few minutes, “Even I get boarded sometimes. Did you think I had a choice, Greedo?”

3:34pm I walk on to Toy Story Mania (NR); 7/10; I crush the targets with my sharpshooting skills and I figure I’m atop the leader board for my ride, but noooooooo! I had 59,790 points and our ride is won by 257,088 points. Gotta spend more time at the TSMM range.

3:55pm I decide to get in the standby line for SDD which currently posts a wait time of 45 mins; I figure I need to suck it up and do a longer standby line just to get through my list; five minutes into the wait an CM comes on the loud speaker and says that the wait time is now going to be longer than expected; I’m out! I would’ve hung in there, but the queue is SO basic💤; reminded of the non-themed queues at Six Flags; I bolt and head over to the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

430pm I sit in the third row center of IJSS - last show of the day; the performance is abbreviated due to the weather; 7/10 rating

5:12pm I walk on to Star Tours; 9/10; one of my favorites

5:32pm I can no longer tolerate my soaking wet socks and shoes; I buy the only pair of socks that the park sells at Sid Cahuenga’s One-of-a-Kind; check out the picture; all it needed was a pair Bermuda shorts, a straw hat, zinc on my nose and I would’ve been the spitting image of a tacky American tourist in the 50’s-60’s (besides, staying in those waterlogged socks is a scary proposition; I’ve read too much history to know that I did not want to get trench foot akin to soldiers in WWI;

IMG_2486.jpegIMG_2487.jpeg

5:50pm I hop a bus for MK

IMG_2496.jpeg

6:30pm Space Mountain (8/10 and falling fast) G+LL for the first time this ride reminds me of Matterhorn (aka the chiropractor’s patent maker); super rickety and jarring; haven’t ridden SM in 5+ years, maybe I’m just getting older

7:00pm I slide into the Haunted Mansion (9/10) G+LL line; great ride that stands the test of time

7:34pm I ride BTM on G+LL (10/10); a great combination of incredible theming and a thrilling ride that’s longer than I remember

7:57pm The posted wait on PoC (8/10) is only 5 mins; I bite; walked right on

8:14pm I really want a peanut butter Nutella banana sandwich from Tortuga Tavern, but it’s closed; D’oh!

8:15pm I decide to get a Mickey-shaped pretzel and churro at MK Churro Wagon (fun fact: MK Churro Wagon was the original name of REO Speedwagon; good call on the name change)

8:21pm I ride Peter Pan's Flight on G+LL; 9/10 for the creative execution of the ride

8:35pm Walking from Peter Pan to Tron through the circus-y part of Fantasyland causes me to walk past Barnstormer; I ride it; (3/10); because why not?

8:53pm And finally we get to the piece de resistance…the ride that is Tron, ILL$; (10/10); oh baby! The unique motorcycle rider position and the speed of the initial launch almost made my head explode; sooooooo cool! (And I heard that if your head explodes on a Disney ride, they charge you a $250 clean-up fee to get rid of all those gushy brain parts. Perhaps that’s a rumor.)

9:17pm Pooped, exhausted, mentally, emotionally, and physically drained, I leave MK via the 32 bus headed to ASSR; what a day

Epilogue:

Want to know how far I walked? Check out this pic. 18.88 miles (or 41,219 steps). Whoa!

IMG_2502.jpeg

Lessons learned: Overall, I was very happy with my Day of Many Rides™ (It’s not really trademarked, but doesn’t it look more official that way?).

I need to get better at the G+ slots/refresh thing. I think I settled too easily for whatever time came up on the app.

Oh, and I would try to pick a day that is monsoon-free. If Disney could add that feature to app, sign me up!

Finally, I truly want to thank all of you who posted in this thread for your help, direction, and insights. Couldn’t have done it without you!

Hope your next trip to Disney is magical!

Attachments

• Epcot Magnolia Terrace 1.jpeg
    Epcot Magnolia Terrace 1.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Absolutely brilliant writing to depict your resplendent, trademark-meritorious day; well, apart from the time-robbing forgotten hat and wet sock, trench foot-generating monsoon...

I'm sure this would make Rob and Erick from Ear Scouts very proud! So glad you shared! Kudos!

How much did it cost for the genie plus and all the LL rides for the day? You muct have made disney very happy with all the purchases.

nice job! you got a lot more out of G+ than I would have thought.

you could have gone for your GotG BG at anytime after your number was called, so you didn't necessarily have to book to epcot.

i'm shocked that any SDD was available at 11am, but maybe that return time was too late for you.

i too have left something on EE after a bleary eyed early morning ride.

Amazing Day. So glad you came back and gave such a detailed report. So many times, we never hear the end of the story.

How were your feet the next day?
Great question. I will admit that I was sore. Took a few days to get back to normal. Totally worth it.

How much did it cost for the genie plus and all the LL rides for the day? You muct have made disney very happy with all the purchases.
So here's the tally of what it cost me for my DOMR(TM):

Park hopper = $254
Genie+ = $27
ROTR ILL$ = $22
Tron ILL$ = $20
Total. $323

That's a lot to spend. Keep in mind it was just me. Would've been harder to justify if I had my lovely wife and daughters with me.

Side note: this comes out to $14.68/ride -- not saying this is good or bad; just wondering what the average guest spends per ride per day regardless of G+ and ILL$'s

Anybody know?

nice job! you got a lot more out of G+ than I would have thought.

you could have gone for your GotG BG at anytime after your number was called, so you didn't necessarily have to book to epcot.

i'm shocked that any SDD was available at 11am, but maybe that return time was too late for you.

i too have left something on EE after a bleary eyed early morning ride.
@MickeyMice, I didn't realize that I could board GotG after my BG window closed. So you're saying that once I secured it, I could have ridden any time that day? Great to know for future trips.

@MickeyMice, I didn't realize that I could board GotG after my BG window closed. So you're saying that once I secured it, I could have ridden any time that day? Great to know for future trips.
For the Guardians VQ, once they call your number you can ride anytime from then until park close.

Tron does not work the same and you must return within your window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter