need help finding earplugs for baby

Finally_Talking

Mouseketeer
I am wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of earplugs to use for a 14 month old? I am very interested in using some for my daughter if we have her out during fireworks.

I am not sure what kind of earplugs would work for a baby and where I can find them. Thank you very much for your help!

The best earplugs that I have found are the moldable ones that they have online at One Step Ahead. They are the waxy kind and they really mold to any ear. I have tried almost every one at the grocery store and none of them really stayed in ds's ear.

I would also think about using them on the rides. My kids biggest complaint about WDW is that the rides are too loud.

i have found with dd last year the foam ones worked but she was also 3 at the time. When we went in 2008 she freaked out during Philharmagic because it was so loud and Nemo the musical. Now someone always has a pair on them and she just asks when she wants them and we put them in and she's a happy camper

We got ear muffs for our boys and they work great, we don't have to worry about pushing wax or anything further in their ears, or them coming out and them chocking on them.

There are what we got: http://usa.babybanz.com/Banz-Ear-Muffs-Hearing-Protection-p/ear%20muffs%20by%20banz.htm

We got them for the Disney cruise so they wouldn't freak out during the drill. But we have used them at DL for the parades, and for some of the rides, and at ball games they are really great to have. They also seem to help them sleep on the airplane they make it so they don't hear the announcements and wake up.

We always used the Mack's silicone earplugs. Got them in the first aid/ear care section at our grocery store. Have seen them at CVS, too. They mold to the ear, and not go inside the canal. They do come in kids sizes (I've seen them in bright orange and green). But if you can't get the kid's sized ones, pick up a pack of the regular clear/white adult ones and break one in half. Works great. We also used one of those small compact contact lense carriers to carry a pair or two in, that way we didn't have to carry the box. We started using them to protect DS's ears from water when he had tubes, but used them for loud noises, too. He could still hear, but the noise was greatly reduced, which made him happy!

Go the Wal-Mart pharmacy section. They have children's...I'm not sure about babies.

What about cotton balls? You could pull it apart so you have enough for a baby's ear. Just a thought.

doctors usually don't recommend shoving plugs into little ears. I bought some ear muffs that worked amazingly. We used them at the fireworks and on most rides as they can be extremely loud.

Here's a link to some, but you can find all diffent kinds

http://shop.dandelionkids.ca/pel011.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter