Need help deciding on what month!?

flinkerfrosch

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

My family is planning another trip to Hawaii, yay! We just got back on Dec 2nd and we’re having a hard time deciding between end mid Nov (this year) to mid Dec or Jan 2019?

We live in Canada (East of Toronto) and getting away from this brutal cold in the winter months is a must!!

We’re going for 2 1/2 weeks...

We plan on spending 4 or 5 nights somewhere along the North Shore and the rest at Aulani.

Any insight would be fabulous!! Thank you!! :) :)

Last edited:
Hi there,

My family is planning another trip to Hawaii, yay! We just got back on Dec 2nd and we’re having a hard time deciding between end mid Nov (this year) to mid Dec or Jan 2019?

We live in Canada (East of Toronto) and getting away from this brutal cold in the winter months is a must!!

We’re going for 2 1/2 weeks...

We plan on spending 4 or 5 nights somewhere along the North Shore and the rest at Aulani.

Any insight would be fabulous!! Thank you!! :) :)
I don't really know which would be better, but if I had a choice-I would love to be there for New Years Eve. (...adding to bucket list) We are going this Feb/March to defrost from Wis. winter he**! Totally get the - get out of the cold- !

if you want to see big waves, then dec/jan are your best bet (north shore). late dec/early jan also tend to be when the whales start showing up...also guessing canada is probably a lot colder in either dec or jan than nov.

disney does a few things for x-mas and thanksgiving...new years is probably better spent in waikiki than in aulani (do not plan on driving from 11:45 to 12:30 in case fireworks get unrestricted...visibility can drop to “oh crap where did my hand go” levels)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter