Need help deciding if we should do meal plan with conceirge at GF?

tamjomc

Earning My Ears
cool1: After all the help the last three times going to DW, I'm back for your help. I cannot express how awesome the DIS is.
Anyway should we do the meal plan if we are staying in the Sugarloaf at GF? Its our first time at the GF. We got an airline rate. Otherwise its always been the one bed villa t BC.
My husband and I are trying to watch what we eat. Our kids are 9 and 5 1/2 and usually are not the best eaters. We mostly split their meals.
I have been on reading all the threads about this the last 2 hours. I got all the info on the places, now just to see if we should both.

Thanks!!
:cool1:
tamjomc

I would say it depends on how much you plan to be around the the hotel and how much you plan to be in the parks.
You can take advantage of the concierge lounge for breakfast each day for sure. If you plan on being at the hotel a lot, you can utilize the concierge lounge more often and split meals in between.
If you are in the parks more, meals, even sharing them, can add up. I still say, with 2 children, the DDP is still a good deal if you plan on doing any character meals and or buffets or restaurants like 'Ohana, etc. You can save your snack credits for either drinks or purchase items to take home with you for later use.

We had concierge at the Poly in Oct. and loved it but were not on the DDP since my whole family was not with us this trip.
We are staying at club level at AKL this upcoming trip and are trying the DDP for the first time. I think it will be well worth it.

We had both in December (WL concierge & DDP) and decided that it was complete overkill - and loved it! :love:

Pro -that darn DDP is so convenient and it's so lovely to have your meals already paid for PLUS all the lounge offerings that it makes for complete luxury! To not have to think about any food $$$ during your trip is extra nice!

Con - way too much food for us! We were even trying to give unused credits away on our last day! Also we're not used to making ADR's so far in advance (how do you know that far ahead where you are going to feel like eating anyway?)

I think you should do like us and at least try it one time to see how it works for your family - though it's probably going to be hard to go back to "normal" if you do love it. :)

I'm curious, what is the sugarloaf and GF? we also are airline people and we stayed in PO last food and wine. I didn't know there were concierge rooms or levels in the resorts ?? where can I find this out for our next visit in Nov? Thanks
PS i'm reading here b/c we are trying to figur wether we should do the DDP this time...
Dayna

Again this is so helpful!! I think we are not going to do, plus I'm not sure we can as we have the airline discount for room only as of now. I need to check into it.
My husband recently lost 25 pds and really watches what he eats. I'm trying to be good. The dessert thing would probably kill me but hey what are vacations for.

dizney princess, I don't know who to respond to you directly. But airline employees get a 50% off room rates. However there are only so many rooms. We are going in Oct and got the last room at the Grand Floridian (GF) They have conceirge rooms that you get breakfast, snacks and drinks around 5, and 7 and desserts at night. Its a little bit more but we have always stayed in the Beach Club Villas that have a little kitchen to help save on costs on snacks and breakfast. Last time we were at DW, my husband didn't work at an airline. But the trip before that he did. So if you have it take advantage of it. Thats the only reason why we are going for the GF or it would be out of our budget. Hope this helps.

tamjomc

Again this is so helpful!! I think we are not going to do, plus I'm not sure we can as we have the airline discount for room only as of now. I need to check into it.
My husband recently lost 25 pds and really watches what he eats. I'm trying to be good. The dessert thing would probably kill me but hey what are vacations for.

I think you made a wise choice. You will definitely have enough food for b'fast which leaves just lunch and dinner. If you come back to your resort to rest, you can pick up whatever food and drink is being offered then. Plus, you can always bring some snacks for the kids from home. Get water bottles and refill them rather than buying new ones in the parks every day. In the evening, they will have sweets and desserts in the lounge so you can pick some up and take them back to your room. We've stayed at the AKL CL many times and always felt there was more than enough to keep us happy so that we weren't spending tons on food.

Based on what you are saying I'm not sure the plan is hte best for you. If you really do a lot of shaing and don't eat large meals that include apps/entree/ and dessert for each of you then I think the plan is going to be much more food than you want. With the CL you can get snacks and continental breakfast so the plan may cost more than what you would spend on the food that you would be sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter