• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

need help choosing between March 1-8, 2014 or May 10-17

heathla2

Earning My Ears
Traveling with a 2 yr old and 4 year old and cannot decide which week, staying off site, mostly concerned with crowds

You can look at crowd calendars on-line. I'm guessing the crowds would be about the same. I would definitely choose March, even if the crowds are a bit more. You would be much more likely to have just lovely weather(trumps dealing with crowds IMHO). In May, it starts getting pretty hot and much more likely to have the occasional thundershower in May. March would be likely comfortable temps, not so many storms and yet still hot enough to enjoy the pool.

I have done both of these time frames and took a 2 yr old lol!Hands down go in March!The weather is so much cooler and makes it way more enjoyable!!!!

We went the last week of March this year and froze! It was 40 degrees during the morning EMH at Animal Kingdom. We didn't bring anything but shorts and sundresses so we had to buy jackets and sweats ($$). So while I enjoyed the cooler temps once the sun was in full force, make sure that you bring jackets and a few pairs of long pants if you choose to go in March. The weather is so unpredictable at that time.

We went that time in May this year, and have booked May 10-17 for 2014. Temps were in the 80's during the day, one day got to 90. It never once rained, not even a sprinkle. Most rides we were able to get right back on once we were finished. Epcot's Flower and Garden exhibits were also an added bonus. It was my first time to the World and think I'm pretty hooked on that time of year now!

I would go in May.

1) March weather can be iffy. It could be warm or it could be cool/cold
2) You're bound to be there for someone's spring or winter break in March. which would mean bigger crowds.

FWIW we've been in May several times during that week and its one of our favorite times to go. Great weather and low crowds.

did anyone have trouble with a lot of school trips going in May? I saw people complaining about school trips then on another thread

March 1-8 is mardi gras week so a lot of us from the gulf coast are off work/school that week. I don't think it makes a huge difference in crowds though.

I would agree to go when it is cooler. Hot can sometimes just be miserable, especially in the concrete jungles of the parks. Of course one year our February trip, it was in the 90s and we were extremely hot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter