Need Help choosing a location for a OKW 3 BR Villa

goltedl

Mouseketeer
Me and my Wife's family a total of 13 people will be arriving at OKW on Jan. 21 for a weeks stay.:cool1:Me and my wife are the only ones driving...so we will have only one car and will be using the buses to go to the parks. My questions is where to request to stay if we have a choice that is best for using the buses. We would like to spend as little as time on the bus as possible.

Thanks for your help.

PS. This is are first time to use are DVC points!!!! My wifes family has never been to Disney and I can't wait to experence their first time there. I have been to Disney many times and can't wait to see the young kids reactions!

Okay, first of all, the GV only holds 12 people. The GV's are throughout the resort. It sounds like you are asking about bus routes. If you stay near HH, you will be the last bus stop before leaving the resort, so your time on the bus will be less, but could be long when returning to the resort at the end of the day. I like the South Point area because it is the second bus stop on the way in. That means we get "home" fast in the evening. Miller's Road is nice too, since it is the second to the last bus stop before leaving. Actually, We never really worry about the bus, because it really isn't in the resort that long. I'm always more concerned about getting off the bus sooner than I am about leaving the resort soonest.
bus schedule coming into the resort:
Penninsular Road
South Point
Old Turtle Pond
Miller's Road
Hospitality House
Parks

Has anyone stay in building 63 at OKW? I was wondering if being in the front of the resort was too noisy? It looks like it is by the front entrance.

My advice would be to not worry about it too much.

I have never stayed at OKW - but I've never had a location request met at BWV. There are only a few GV opening up each day at OKW, with occupancy as high as it is, and they will encourage you to take one that is "available" at your check in time rather than one that will be clean later. If you are checking in later in the day, there may only be a single one open.

Plus, what some people like in a room location, other people don't like. We've always requested high floors at BWV, because that's what everyone else has said is wonderful. Last year we got "stuck" on the bottom floor - but it was about twenty steps to the pool. With two kids about to grow gills, this turned out to be way more convienent that the ability to catch a few fireworks over the roof of the building.

Any where you stay is close enough to one of the bus stops and they do come frequently. You will love your GV at OKW! We stayed in a GV at OKW last December and it felt like a home! We uploaded a slideshow of the GV we stayed at on Tagrel.com if you are interested in seeing what it looks like before you arrive! Enjoy!!

John

Me and my Wife's family a total of 13 people will be arriving at OKW on Jan. 21 for a weeks stay.:cool1:Me and my wife are the only ones driving...so we will have only one car and will be using the buses to go to the parks. My questions is where to request to stay if we have a choice that is best for using the buses. We would like to spend as little as time on the bus as possible.

Thanks for your help.

PS. This is are first time to use are DVC points!!!! My wifes family has never been to Disney and I can't wait to experence their first time there. I have been to Disney many times and can't wait to see the young kids reactions!

Just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip....
I love when i hear people sharing the "magic"...
thats what it's all about.....
Peace
Kerri

Buidling 63 is nice, but be aware that one of the 2 GVs in that building is Handicapped accessible, and will have things about it that will make it inconvenient if you are not in a wheelchair. ...lower counters, roll in shower etc...

Building 15 also has GVs and is near 63, and we really liked that location. It was nice to be able to choose either Miller's Road or HH for the bus. Often, the first folks out in the morning would go to Miller's and call on the cell when they saw the bus coming. That gave the rest time to get to HH before the bus got there! Very handy!

Thanks so much for all of the info. I can't wait to get there...we have 5 kids under the age of 8 going with us. They give me an excuse to be a kid again. I want them to have the same kind a great memories that I had of my Dad and Grandparents taking me and my brother to Disney World when we were kids.

Thanks so much for all of the info. I can't wait to get there...we have 5 kids under the age of 8 going with us. They give me an excuse to be a kid again. I want them to have the same kind a great memories that I had of my Dad and Grandparents taking me and my brother to Disney World when we were kids.

Shoot, at WDW no one needs a excuse to act like a kid. Have a great trip.

I hope you end up in Bldg. 48. There are 3 GV's there, I think. When we were assigned to that building I thought I was going to hate it, but it was wonderful! It's right on the main road, at the back of the resort, and it overlooks the golf course. From the kitchen window you can see buses go by, and begin walking to the bus stop across the parking lot, so when it turns around, you are there waiting. Also, one of the pools is across the road, and past one other building. I am asking for that building next Christmas.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter