• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help brain storming ideas for parking for Illuminations cruise

Shelly

<font color=green>Doesn't know that anyone can be
Our family is heading to DW along with my brothers family(staying at POP). Hubby's parents are retired and live in Fl.
We have ADR's for 3:30 at Akershus. They are meeting us for the meal. We got them some passes. My father in law doesnt do crowds well do to an anxiety disorder, so they are coming in time for the meal and to visit with the kids a bit not the park.
I booked the Illuminations cruise for that day. We head to the Yacht club dock at 8:00.
What would be the best bet for my parents for parking.
I dont want them to have to go through all the crowds back through epcot after the cruise, but I am doubting the Yacht club would let them park there all the way from 3:00. Then I was thinking after the ADR having my husband go and move the car to the Yacht club for them. I am not sure if I am missing an idea for them.
Any other Suggestions for us?

They could just pay to valet park at the Yacht Club for the day and enter Epcot thru the International Gateway.

If we valet park at yacht club they will let them park for that long? If not a guest? I didnt know that was allowed?

I second Archers response - valet is good all day. We use it quite often. Especially for a full day at MK - I know it is a couple bucks more but at the end of a full day it is worth it to have my car brought to me.

I had the same dilemma. I was planning to park at YC, and enter EPCOT thru International Gateway. However, after studying the map over and over with my touring plan and FP+, I decided to park at EPCOT, left the park 7ish and drove to YC. It was a good choice for me, because I just couldn't imagine walking back to IG after Test Track.

Everyone is different. Hope you find the best plan for you and your family.

BTW, Illumination cruise was an amazing experience. We had Dave as our driver and he is a living history--He met Walt Disney in person while working in the construction of Disneyland. On the way back from EPCOT, we were watching Frozen firework from Broadwalk waterfront. Simply magical. I'm sure you and your family will have a great time as well. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter