Need help: 2 year old & only 3 days!

Honeybug

Earning My Ears
My husband has a business conference in Orlando in 2 weeks and my 2 year old daughter and I are going to come with him. We have bought two 4 day park hopper passes and we only have 3 days in the parks. We are planning on spending our first day entirely devoted to MK. How would you spend the other 2 days? What should we skip or what should we not miss? Thanks for your help!
Missy

Go to Epcot's World Showcase and do the Kidcot stations in each country. The kids get to color masks. My toddlers enjoy running around in the open spaces a bit. This is a good place to go when you are tired of the theme park atmosphere. There are often characters back in the different countries. Your daughter also might enjoy some of the entertainment and the hands-on features, like the drums she can play in Africa and the train village in Germany. There's also a hedge maze she can go through in the UK around the bandstand. The pooh characters are sometimes back in the corner or in the neighboring Toy Shoppe.

At MGM, she would enjoy the Disney Playhouse show and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. My kids like the Beauty & the Beast Show at that age too. The parade has lots of the Disney movie characters you don't see in other parks. It would be nice if you could go to MGM with a group so the adults could enjoy the Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller Coaster while someone else takes a turn watching the kids.

With only 3 days, I would skip Animal Kingdom. The only thing in Epcot's Future World she might like are the fountains and Spaceship Earth.
You also might want to spend more than one day at MK. There's so much to do for her there, and several things she might want to do more than once. If you are staying on site, you could do one park in the morning and another in the afternoon. That's what we do with our toddlers, so they get a nap in. You will be there when hours are a little limited, so you might want to do MK and MGM in the a.m. and Epcot in the evening. I think World Showcase stays opened later.

We spent 1/2 a day at MGM (arrived at CR around noon, checked in, had lunch) which was plenty for us and our 2 yr old son. We did Playhouse Disney, Muppet 3d (scared our son), Honey I Shrunk playset (fun but I was worried about where he was), met some characters, saw the parade and Fantasmic. The next day we did MK all day, taking a break for lunch and a nap back at CR. Our last day-my dad wanted to go to Epcot. We also met some friends at AK, but didnt stay there long as we go to our zoo all the time. There wasnt much for our son to do at Epcot. Wish I had gone back to MK. We did Cirque that night too. Checkout morning we did Chef Mickeys, shopped at DTD then headed home. This next trip we are coming from a cruise. I plan to do MGM the first 1/2 day, then the other 2 at MK. I may even skip MGM alltogether.

alison

We just returned from Disney and both the Boneyard @ AK and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground @ MGM were closed. My son who is 3.5 really was not interested in Epcot at all except for the interactive fountains, the light up sidewalks and the leap frog fountains outside of the Imagination. Magic Kingdom was the place to be. I'd recommend Philharmagic, we saw it 3 times with my son and everytime he reached out hoping to grab the items out of the air in the 3-D effects. We found AK to be hot and crowded but Camp Minnie/Mickey was the best. Be sure to go while the Festival of the Lion King show is in session and you'll practically have the characters to yourself. Playhouse Disney is the must do show at MGM for kids. Have you thought of renting a My Pal Mickey for your trip? Have fun, you'll be amazed at how much joy you get through your child's eyes.

2 is too young to appreciate EPCOT (imho). DD4 loved it but she loves arts & crafts and she learned how to say hello in each country.
I recommend spending 2 days in MK (split it in half) and doing MGM for the other day. 2 yr olds will love shows at this age - B&TB, VotLM, PHD. My dd4 did not like 3D AT ALL, very scared of it so you never know! She is generally not scared of anything but she had to take off her glasses at Philharmagic so we did not even try Muppets. If you do not want to do MK in 2 days, maybe AK where you can see FotLK & boneyard. But I recommend AT LEAST 2 days in MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter