Need girls weekend destination ideas

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
My friends and I are starting to plan a trip for the summer to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We are looking for a nice place to go for a long weekend..at a beach. I would love to go to Naples, Fl, and stay at the Ritz...thats the ideal location, however out of budget for some of us. So, we need a great location in the US on a beach with a spa and reasonable hotel and airfare prices. Don't care which coastline its on even. Any ideas?

My friends and I are starting to plan a trip for the summer to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We are looking for a nice place to go for a long weekend..at a beach. I would love to go to Naples, Fl, and stay at the Ritz...thats the ideal location, however out of budget for some of us. So, we need a great location in the US on a beach with a spa and reasonable hotel and airfare prices. Don't care which coastline its on even. Any ideas?

Longboat Key Club on Longboat Key near Sarasota Fla.

Where is everybody flying from? That can make a difference on airfare.

In Florida, I would totally take the gulf coast beaches over the Atlantic for just relaxing and being at the beach. They're just prettier IMHO.

If you want more spice Miami is great. I've had fantastic luck with Travelocity name your price there. I stuck to 4 or 5* hotels and chose my specific area. Really reasonable prices for really not reasonable hotels!

Have you checked out the Marriott at Marco Island? It's in the Naples area on a gorgeous beach and a bit less than the Ritz.

I'm a sucker for a Ritz (or St. Regis) so I'd be racking up as many points and stalking rates as much as I could to make that happen lol.

Sounds like you are willing to fly, but not cruise...

For an amazing beach, would you be willing to consider going someplace like Mexico?

I haven't been to a whole lot of super upscale resorts...
We often travel to the gorgeous beaches on the FL Panhandle.
Would SANDESTIN or the SANDESTIN HILTON be something you might consider.

If one travels to Mexico, there are Adult Only resorts that might be good for a kid-free adult getaway. But, many do cater to couples. And Adult-Only will be more expensive.

I know of one resort and spa that is on a spectacular stretch of the beach at CANCUN, is supposed to have an excellent SPA... while it isn't adult only, it is very very nice, and when we traveled on a VERY affordable rate. Mostly ALL-INCLUSIVE. You could get a nice 2, or even 3, bedroom condo for plenty of room, comfort, convenience.

Just send me a PM if you would like more info.

Happy planning! :goodvibes

We did a girls trip a couple of years ago to Boca...stayed at the Boca Beach Club and it was fabulous! Had the best time...great beach, great pool, great restaurants ..rooms were awesome too! We rented a car for a day and shopped Worth avenue, lots of fun!

Ocean City Maryland, bar called Seacrets is our favorite girls weekend destination. A friend has a beach house so I can't recommend hotels but tripadvisor will help plus tons of timeshares

We go to Myrtle every year. We usually have around 12 of us who show up. Some fly, some drive.

What about the Naples Beach & Tennis Club. Or the Pink shell in Ft Myers

Kae

Saugatuck, Michigan is a popular girls' weekend destination for the Chicago area. Nice beach, lots of wineries and chocolatiers, and good shopping.

We take regular girls' trips to Key West. If you will be in the Naples area, there are shuttles that leave from Marco Island as well as Fort Myers Beach.

I have never been to these places but friends have and the have enjoyed themselves
Ocean city Maryland
Hilton Head Island
Myrtle Beach
Marco Island (I was there about 20 years ago and loved it)

What about USVI? I was just there and loved St. John - great snorkeling, pristine beaches. St. Thomas is cheaper, and has an airport with service from the major carriers.

What about Charleston? You've got all the historic stuff to see, lots of shopping, great food, and you also have the beaches if you head out a little bit from the historic center. It's a great place and I every time I am there, I think it would be a lot of fun to meet my friends there.

Just reread your post and saw you want to stay on the beach....check out Wild Dunes Resort for a beach front place to stay near Charleston. It's amazing!

Is a beach a must?
Have you looked at any of the destination spas available?

I'd also suggest The Homestead, in Virginia. It's not really a place to fly into as it's isolated in the mountains and means driving, but it's got a good spa, a great pool, and onsite food. Lot of other activities available as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter