Need gift ideas for dd "from Tinkerbell"

momof2disneybabies

Earning My Ears
I had an idea to make our trip a little more magical for my oldest dd!

Each morning when we leave for the park, I'm going to "forget" something and run back into the hotel room and lay out a gift and a note "from Tinkerbell" to my daughter for her to find when we get back to the hotel each evening.

I have a new nightgown with Tinkerbell on it and a magic wand that I'm going to leave out for the first evening. I'm going to buy a Tinkerbell bathing suit for her (she outgrew her other one) and leave that for her another night. Then the night before Sea World, she'll receive her Shamu that Tinkerbell will have flown home to get for her. :goodvibes

Can you tell that my dd LOVES Tinkerbell?? :D

I need ideas for the 3 other days. We're going to Universal IOA, 1 day for each park Disney park (1 1/2 for magic kingdom) and Sea World is already taken care of. Any suggestions? Especially for the Universal IOA gift, I have no idea what to get her. I was thinking some new binoculars (toy) for Animal Kingdom???

TIA!

Jennifer

We did something similar with our oldest on our oct '07 trip for my oldest daughter kara, when she was ten. Clothing is a always a good idea. One thing her and my youngest Danielle really enjoyed were collecting pins.
You might try that as a small idea. The are relatively inexpensive(by disney standards) and are always a nice memento to have.

My wife and I started collecting them on our '06 trip and the kids picked up the 'addiction' this past year. :dance3:

Some of the things we did were: t-shirts, pens/pencils, disney playing cards, stickers & sticker book, those spinning light up things they sell at the parades (I got them on sale at the Disney store for $2.99), the washclothes/bathmits that expand when the get into the water, coloring book & crayons, plastic snowglobe cups (got those at the disney store on sale for $1.99), hats, sunglasses, towels. I shopped clearance at the Disney store before we left (our trip was planned a year in advance). I brought an extra suitcase with all the "Tinkerbelle" stuff in it and put it out at night while the kids were sleeping.

heres what we did when we went in spring of 07 my daughter was 8 at the time but big into jewelry...first night tink snuck in and left a charm bracelet with only one charm on it...it was the resort charm..second day she dined with mickey she recieved a mickey charm..third day she went to magic kingdom..guess what that charm was...one day she met privatly with cinderella..yup tink left a cindy charm that night...after the trip she had total like 13 charms...each one was a reminder of that day...the bracelet after all was said and done we had about 85$ invested but she will have it forever.. i will do one for myself next time i go..i cant tell you haow cute this bracelet is..hope you liked my idea

We love doing the Tink gifts too....it really adds to the magic and the kids really believe their favorite character left them a treat. I really like the charm bracelet idea-- was that sterling or the standard gift store stuff?

Here are some more ideas:

goggles, jibbitz (my new favorite!), disposable camera, backpack/fannypack, Disney dollars, bathing suit, pajamas, tiara, invitation to BBB or to character meal, leave a potato head and then go for parts at dtd or mk or your resort, plush, character watch, etc.

I also use a seperate duffle bag for Tinkerbell gifts and lock it w/a zip-tie. I store on the top shelf of the closet at the resort. I also do as pp mentioned and cruise the Disney Store clearance to collect goodies all year long. Happy planning!

We had found a light up Tinkerbell on Ebay from the Tokyo DL that Tink brought for our DD. It was perfect--it had a pin on it AND a chain so that she could wear it as a zipper pull as well. It had an on/off switch so she could turn it off during the day, but on if we were on a dark ride, etc. It was the biggest hit of all her Tink gifts! (I did a search on Ebay for you and only saw a "christmas" one, but keep looking!)

Some of the other gifts she got from Tink:
Princess Chapstick/lip gloss
Trading Pins for various things (Chef Mickey's, etc.) that we were doing that day
T-shirts
Glow sticks/wands/necklaces for after dark
A stocking cap with Tink on it for when we came home (to keep Tink on her mind!)
Ponytail holders with a comb/mirror set

I went with the "they had to be 'practical' and somehow relate to our trip" philosophy--I didn't want to bring a bunch of stuff down there that was just going to take up more space in our room.

Oh, and I did find some glow-in-the-dark glitter to use as Pixie Dust, so keep an eye out!

Good luck and have fun!

We did Tink gifts for both of my DDs when we went this October. We drove from MD and left at night so they would sleep for a good bit of the trip. Well when they woke up in the morning, they each had a small backpack with tons of stuff in it to keep them occupied, it was the best idea I have ever had! They had so much fun with their new stuff, there wasn't any, are we there yets, she's touching me, can we stop for a rest...none of it AT ALL! I bought the Disney suitcase sets from Disney Shopping, there was a Tink set and Princess set, each set came with a rolling suitcase, backpack and duffle-type bag, I paid about $20 for each set, the stuff that was in their bags was all Disney stuff, things that I picked up at the Doller store, Big Lots, Walmart and the Disney store, For instance, there were HSM pencils, fat light up pens-various Princesses, Tink, Minnie, Pooh, Mickey, Peter Pan and some others, lots of stickers, clip boards and autograph cards that I made for them, their pins and lanyards, Princess workbooks, new paper back story books, a new CD (Hannah Montana and HSM) all kinds of other things. Every night after they would go to bed Tink would leave something, along with pixie dust. It was great, after the 1st time she left something, we didn't have a problem getting them into bed because they wanted to go to sleep so Tink would come again. She left light-up spinning things, plastic cups with the lids and straws, pins, ear hats and a Pal Mickey, the night before we went to our surprise Tea Party with Aurora, Tink left the girls party dresses, complete with shoes, tiaras and wands, with an invitation to Tea. I can't remember what else Tink left, but she left tons of stuff.

I love doing Tink gifts! Don't forget to leave pixie dust around them. :thumbsup2 I also like to leave little footprints in the pixie dust. However this past trip the mousekeeping lady kept moving my gifts to the window. She would make a really cute display with them but my pixie dust with footprints was still on the table with nothing around them. LOL I finally started leaving the gifts in the window. I tried to leave things that they would use during the trip.

Tink left my girls:
Toothbrushes and Tinkerbell toothpaste on the first night
Tink bubble bath
Princess stuffed dolls
suckers
Tink nail polish
Magic towels
Crayons and coloring books
Peter Pan and Captain Hook spinning light
...gosh, that's all I can remember

Cinderella also left a scroll that invited my dd to the BBB and then for lunch in the castle.

Alice sent a scroll inviting my dd to the Wonderland Tea Party.

We've done Tink gifts for our two kids all three Disney trips and they are probably DD7's favorite part of the trip. DS5 isn't quite as into it, but certainly enjoys getting a surprise.

What works well for us is having Tink come at night like the Tooth Fairy. If the kids are good in the parks (no fighting, crying, etc.) Tink will come and leave them a surprise. If they start to get whiny or you can tell they are about to fight we just say "Tink!" and they shape right up :)

I also bring a special bag with Tink gifts from home (mostly inexpensive stuff from Disney Store clearance, Dollar Tree or Target) but also get a couple of "special" things at WDW. One year DD was fascinated by the Rubik's Cubes in the 80s section of Pop Century. Tink brought her a Rubik's Cube (from the Pop gift shop.) DS fell in love with a Mickey baseball we passed in the resort gift shop every time we walked to/from the bus. Tink brought him one.

I'm not normally a big shopper, but finding Tink gifts makes waiting for the trip much more fun and tolerable (for me.)

i love this thread,since i will also be playing tink for my grands! i have gottent hem all sorts of things from dollar tree,dollar general,family dollar { can you tell i am a thrifty nanna}the grands will be getting everything from disney cups,crown,disney plush...need to get dgd a tinkerbell bell sicne my ddil { aunt rachel } gave her 'her' tinkerbell bell she had gotten at disney when she was a child from tink! i also got some gift bags from the dollar store and used foam sticker letters { dollar tree] and put 'disney or bust' on the bags and their names on the back and will fill them with coloring books,crayons,stickers,journals,disney straws,snacks,disney pens.i will not bring these out until we have been ont he road for a few hours and the excitment has wained...hehe...we are counting down the days and they wil start their countdown calender in 21 days! thanks for all your ideas and hope osme of mine help!

Tinkerbell has left the following (over 3 trips time) each night as dd slept:

Glow sticks
Light up Spinners from Disney Store
Disney PJs
T shirts
pins for trading
stuffed donald duck
tinkerbell socks
princess lip gloss
princess dolls like polly pocket with clothes
hair clips
pirates sweatshirt

I love the target $1 spot, they had tons of great stuff to use. And I use disneyshopping.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter