• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Georgia Aquarium Info

my2redheads

Mouseketeer
We are headed to Atlanta for a few days at the end of our Spring Break (first week in April). We are planning to go to Six Flags (have season passes) and the zoo (ds MUST see pandas which is why we are headed to Atlanta). The aquarium looks great but is so expensive! Can anyone that's been tell me if it's worth the $$$? Thanks!

The Georgia Aquarium is beautiful!
Although I haven't seen it yet, everyone says the dolphin show is amazing.
The food can be a bit pricey and not super tasty so we pack a picnic.
Also within walking distance is the World of Coke, the Children's Museum, and Centennial Olympic Park.

I really enjoy the aquarium. Its's likely going to be pretty crowded, so allow yourself plenty of time. Also allow yourself time to sit and watch the aquarium in the one room with the giant glass wall. It's super cool. I enjoyed the Dolphin Tales show because I love dolphins. It was a bit cheesy, but the dolphins do neat tricks.

As far as saving money. Eat something before you go. The food is pricey and you are not allowed to carry any inside. Sign up for the GA Aquarium newsletter in case they send out a deal before you come. Also keep your eye on atlantaonthecheap.com. They post about any deals when they find them. Possibly consider a City Pass, depending on how long you will be in town. It includes the zoo, aquarium, World of Coke, CNN studio tour, and a couple of other places. It may or may not be worth it, but worth checking into. You may also want to look into the Braves package deals here - http://mlb.mlb.com/atl/ticketing/combo_deal.jsp. Braves opening day is April 1st, if you are interested in that. Lastly, try AAA for a small discount on Aquarium only tickets if you are a member.

We just went while visiting family this past Dec. It is well worth the price. We got our tickets through AAA with their discount. We did eat there and the prices were okay - I think $25-30 for the 3 of us with lots of choices. If you eat there, ask if the ballroom upstairs is open. In there you can see the upper end of the largest tanks. The beluga whales hang out there because they like people. It's amazing to eat among such giant animals. Go early because it gets full fast. We were there an hour after opening and by the time we left 4 hours later, it was super crowded.

We like Atlanta. It's about a 4 hour trip from our home so an easy trip and lots to do. We like to do the city pass. The aquarium is a highlight for us. It is beautiful, well laid out and fun for everyone. We also really like the World of Coke near by, and my older son likes CNN but your kids might not be there yet. We also like the zoo. It does not get great reviews but have had really nice days here. It is not the quickest or easiest to get to if you use public transport (we says right outside the city and use the meto-bus system most of the time.) We also LOVE Stone Mountain a few miles outside of Atlanta. Good family fun. We like it more than Six Flags which is very heavy on the big coasters of which we are not fans. We also ALWAYS do a Braves games while in town. Fun and you can also do the transportation thing to avoid the crazy traffic.

If you’re planning to visit multiple attractions in Atlanta, take advantage of the Atlanta CityPASS to save almost 50% on admission to five Atlanta-area attractions. The Georgia Aquarium ticket includes a Deepo Pass with Expedited Entry, Deepo’s 4-D theater, and the Dolphin Tales show (based on availability).

The World of Coca-Cola ticket includes admission, the 4-D theatre, and a free keepsake bottle from the museum. Other attractions included are Inside CNN Studio Tour, Fernbank (includes IMAX, too) OR High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta (includes All-Rides Wristband) OR Atlanta History Center. It’s valid for nine days, and if you plan it right, you’ll have two full weekends + the weekdays in between to get to all of the attractions.

http://www.citypass.com/atlanta

This is a good deal as it includes the dolphin show as well as the Zoo and the rides wristband for the train and carousel at the zoo.....

Thanks for all the info! We actually only have 3 full days (the rest of the week we will be in AL visiting my MIL:sad2:) I think we'll probably add the aquarium to our must do list!

We had season passes last year. My advice is to get there when they open. I would eat before you go. We use to take a few snacks and eat at the tables in the upstairs. I saw many people even eating a packed lunch. I don't think that the food is that great. If you are going to go see the dolphin show, go to the second showing, use the time to walk around. I think many go to the dolphin show first, then when it's over, it gets noticeably crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter