Need funny White Elephant gift idea!

Best/worst gift I've ended up with at a white elephant was a frozen beef tongue. The giver had just gotten part of a cow. My grandma would have been tickled. Me, not so much.

Thanks OP for this thread! I am going to my first White Elephant exchange and have no clue what to buy. It's to be funny and the limit is 10.00.

I was in a Newcomers group and we did a white elephant bingo one Christmas. The most desired gift was a ratty, well used copy of "The Joy of Sex". I ended up taking it home..(I still have it somewhere around here). :rolleyes1

I find a vast selection of White Elephant gifts in the fishing section of Walmart/K-Mart or whatever sporting goods store is near you.

There are some types of bait* with interesting names, and fishing lures** with funny names.

*Blood balls. Magic Scent. Houdini crab. Uncle Josh Pak R Pork Craw.

**Muskie Hunter Magnum Sucker. Hot Rod Wobbler. Coyote Trolling spoon. Herky Jerky. Midnight Special.

One year I got on Ebay and found a white elephant plant pot. We filled it with white M&Ms and it was a huge hit.

Our family had an old (Think 60's or 70's) suitcase that got passed around for a few years. We still talk about it, and it would still be around if Katrina (Hurricane-2005) had not decided she liked it better.

Another gift that has gone around a few times is a pie cutter that looks like a high heel shoe.

Other things we have had passed around are a singing fish, Saints merchandise, wine bottles/glasses, and a shower head.

I need ideas, too.

We just found out today we are having a White Elephant exchance at work and it is set for the 14th. We usually have one and there had been two return gifts that have lasted for seven years and we had such a great time.

But the VP of our department who ran it was laid off so we decided to stop doing the silliness.

Now what do I do? I need something appropriate for the office, valued at $10. I would love to either get something really stupid or funny.

Absolutely anything from this site:
http://www.asseenontv.com/

Personally, I'd buy a pair of pajama jeans, a trendy top, and a cami secret, box them all up together, and call it good. Other gems from that site:

00430924-641755_catl_158.jpg

00373756-984766_catl_158.jpg

00296685-307920_catl_158.jpg

00384221-038977_catl_135.jpg

00368532-242192_catl_135.jpg

00262428-754952_catl_135.jpg
<---yes, that is a farting hippo

The first year our family did White Elephant my Grandfather brought a little white ceramic elephant. We thought it was so hilarious and actually fought over who got it. That was his last Christmas with us and when he passed away I found it. I have it displayed on my knick knack shelf and I smile every time I see it.

Absolutely anything from this site:
http://www.asseenontv.com/

Personally, I'd buy a pair of pajama jeans, a trendy top, and a cami secret, box them all up together, and call it good. Other gems from that site:

00430924-641755_catl_158.jpg

00373756-984766_catl_158.jpg

00296685-307920_catl_158.jpg

00384221-038977_catl_135.jpg

00368532-242192_catl_135.jpg

00262428-754952_catl_135.jpg
<---yes, that is a farting hippo

I actually have a Burt the Farting Hippo key chain and on some days when it is really quite at work I will squeeze it and I don't think anyone has figured it out that it is coming from that and not an actual person. I always hear my one co-worker giggle when I do it.

There were some good gifts at the white elephant party last night - I ended up with a snuggie, which I actually love! The most popular gift was a pair of marshmallow shooter guns and a packet of marshmallows. Someone else bought toilet paper which nobody wanted, but at the end they were told to unwrap it and found lotto tickets, so they were pretty pleased! The person who ended up with my Justin Bieber singing toothbrush is planning on putting it in her teenage daughters stocking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter