• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need FUN dining experience for teen- House of Blues didnt work out

BluBayou

Earning My Ears
My "idea" of watching/listening to jazzy Bluesy New Orleans style music while we celebrated my daughters Sweet 16th dinner seemed perfect! Except the music starts at 10 pm, when it becomes a 21 or over only place. So bummed!
Anyone have any other idea of something fun/special for a family with teens?
We'll do a character breakfast, so need something differently cool for dinner ;-)

THANKS!

Anaheim GardenWalk has a dine in movie theater where you order food in your seat.

Café Orleans earlyish so you can still catch the musicians playing jazz there? I truly don't know what time their last set is, but I know we've seen them late afternoon. Sometimes there is live music on the stage in Downtown Disney, and sometimes at Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen I think...

Rainforest Cafe? My daughter is 13 and thinks it's "cool". ;)

You'd have to drive or take a taxi, but what about Medieval Times? I used to love that place when I was a teenager.

Well, my 14yo blurted out House of Blues before I told him that was not an option!!

He then followed up with if it is in the parks he likes Port Orleans for the Monte Cristo but picked only for the food!

My 12.5yo picked Rain Forest Cafe.

They both agreed that Tortilla Jo's is good food but not necessarily a fun place.

Rainforest Cafe! Went there for my first time as a teenager & loved it. And there's a dessert of brownies & ice cream (I think, it's been awhile & that's what Google says when I went looking for it) that comes with a sparkler on top that it totally awesome for a special occasion.

Haha I totally forgot about Medieval Times! We took the ART Shuttle there and back for a few bucks per person, but rumor is that the later pick ups get dropped on occasion and we had a cab come by to offer it's services. The knights are hunky, they'll call out your birthday girl's name for an additional charge, and while there is but one menu choice, we thought the food was pretty good. You can buy medieval trinkets in their gift shop if you want. The show was o.k. but a little repetitive. The waiters were on top of things but obviously trying to earn the tips that the large signs on each table make clear are not included and are expected. There are always ticket discounts available online, but it's still pretty expensive and was probably a one time visit for us. There's a similar set up down the street with a pirate theme, but I know nothing about it.

What about Blue Bayou? I see that is your screen name, so maybe you have done that before? The F! package is awesome and you could ask for a water side table to make it extra special. They could probably even do a cake.

A more casual, but equally cool, option would be Trader Sam's at the DLH. I love that place! Under 21 is OK until 8pm, after that you would need to sit on the terrace. It's really small and they don't take reservations, so there might be a wait if you go for an early dinner. The grown-ups can order the specialty drinks that trigger all the fun rain, explosions and the like. I'm sure the bartenders could come up with a special "sweet 16" concoction for your daughter.

If you want more formal, what about the Napa Rose Chef's Counter? I've read such great reviews and it would be a very special "grown up" experience for her.

Have fun!!

If she likes Forest Gump then Bubba Gump's is a fun place. It's over at the Garden Walk. We go there on some trips, DH enjoys it because he's good with movie trivia. Food is good and they have fun drinks for minors.

Last edited:
If you want jazz music Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen could work for you. Their music starts at 7pm on Fridays and Saturdays, 6pm the rest of the week. And on Sundays the jazz starts at 10:30 so you could do a brunch. I do like the idea of going to Bubba Gump's over at Garden Walk. Fire & Ice is another good restaurant at Garden Walk.

Fire & Ice is another good restaurant at Garden Walk.
I second Fire & Ice (and Blue Bayou waterside, since it's as elegant as one can get inside Disneyland). Fire & Ice is a Mongolian BBQ-style place, but with a wide variety of food choices from hamburgers to Italian pasta. Trader Sam's is fun, but it does have a limited food menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter