Need FP advice for Frozen Live at the Hyperion

V2000

DIS Veteran
Hi there

I am looking for advice for obtaining a Fast Pass for the Frozen show. We missed the show last time we went because FP was sold out and there was 1.5 hour wait.

I hear they sell out within the first hour of opening. Is that right?
What if there is magic morning hours? We are going on Sunday and I wonder if you are able to get fast pass during that hour. :magnify:

Get your FP at 'Normal' park opening. Guests already in the park for MM/EMH are held until normal opening hours for FPs.

To piggy back on your question - I was listening to a podcast that said the fastpasses are distributed in show order and that you need to get your FP a little later for a later show. I'm wondering when a good time to get passes to the 2nd or 3rd show would be. I don't want to see Frozen at 11 - I want to go to an afternoon show.

Yesterday we strolled over at around 930am at a 8am park opening and had no problem getting a FP for the 230 show. It was the balcony section, so I would assume at around 945am, it would be quite easy to get a FP for the last show and in a better section.

So if time is not an issue, at a 8am opening I would grab a FP for the new Soarin first, head to Paradise Pier and ride Toy Story Mania, Screamin, Fun Wheel, and Goofy.

It should be around 930am by this time and also time to use your Soarin FP. However, I would get a FP for Racers, then get FP for Frozen, then FP for World of Color, then use FP for Soarin

I am here now at 9 am and they are doing passes for 1:35. They have changed the show times to 11:30. 1:35. 4:10. And 6 for the week of june 17-23.

I'm glad they added another show. That's helpful.

As a matter of fact, I think I remember them roping the hollywood area until park opening. With EMH I would believe those people will start lining up early in that area. Any one go on a EMH and await FP for Frozen?

Yesterday you could still get tickets around an hour and a half after the park opened. But yesterday the early morning hours were at disneyland so that probably made a difference. I think they do the distribution during the early magic morning hours do plan your day accordingly.

Fyi we just checked in for our 1:30 show and they were still handing out fastpasses for 6 balcony level. This is the first day of the new Soarin over the world so things are a little wacky with fastpasses etc.

Fyi we just checked in for our 1:30 show and they were still handing out fastpasses for 6 balcony level. This is the first day of the new Soarin over the world so things are a little wacky with fastpasses etc.

Wow the new Soarin is out. That's good news :cutie:
How was it?

Wow the new Soarin is out. That's good news :cutie:
How was it?

Soarin over the world was good! The rest of beautiful scenery. Loved the ending and everyone was clapping. Fast pass line was crazy! We arrived at 8 but it was an early entry day for DCA sonthe line was crazy ling past starbucks. Our return time was for 9:55 which kind of messed up our cars fastpass desired time.

We got Frozen FPs on Thursday (non-EMH) day at around 9AM and there was a 2-3 minute line. We got FPs for second show, mezzanine section.

:wizard:

What is it like for disabled guest for the frozen show? We used to wait in the priority area and would be let in right before the other guest. My son would completely freak out with sensory issues if he couldn't have space and move around like he could in the section we would wait before.

We were there on Saturday. Got there after rope drop, picked up our RSR FPs (was 9:45-10:45 return) with no real line, went to Cars Land for MJJ, and then picked up our passes for Frozen 11:30 balcony. It might have been 9 when we got them. I don't think they were out until maybe noon.

Great show though. The puppetry was really good. It looked like it cost a fortune to produce, although I understand it's considered a loss leader for Disney to get people to come into DCA.

Last edited:
What is it like for disabled guest for the frozen show? We used to wait in the priority area and would be let in right before the other guest. My son would completely freak out with sensory issues if he couldn't have space and move around like he could in the section we would wait before.

We sat near the building/against the wall, near the doors while we waited. We were allowed in first before the big crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter