Need food ideas for teen sleepover - no pizza! :)

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
Hi sleepover here tomorrow but girls coming later after dinner like 7 or so. I hate the thought of just a bunch of junk food all night and was planning on chips, Swedish fish, etc. but hoping to have something with a little substance along with it....Any thoughts on something? Not a meal but not snack junk food either...

Hi sleepover here tomorrow but girls coming later after dinner like 7 or so. I hate the thought of just a bunch of junk food all night and was planning on chips, Swedish fish, etc. but hoping to have something with a little substance along with it....Any thoughts on something? Not a meal but not snack junk food either...

How about fruit salad, veggie tray, pretzels with hummus, Frozen yogurt sundaes, little sliders you can make ahead of time and keep in the crock pot (not super healthy but hey) and best of luck to ya with a bunch of teenage girls in the house ahhhh:duck:

Some ideas:
-Spinach and artichoke dip?
-Bree Cheese?
-Fruit With dip (even if its melted chocolate and cool whip they would probabky eat the fruit!)?
- cereal treats (if there are no peanut allergies, i like cheerio treats instead of rice krispies with peanut butter and marshmallows added - adds some protein)?
-chex mix?

How about fruit salad, veggie tray, pretzels with hummus, Frozen yogurt sundaes, little sliders you can make ahead of time and keep in the crock pot (not super healthy but hey) and best of luck to ya with a bunch of teenage girls in the house ahhhh:duck:

fruit salad great idea. Costco! Little sliders --- great idea! What kind? I don't make sliders so if you have any thoughts for what kind how to make I would appreciate it!

Some ideas:
-Spinach and artichoke dip?
-Bree Cheese?
-Fruit With dip (even if its melted chocolate and cool whip they would probabky eat the fruit!)?
- cereal treats (if there are no peanut allergies, i like cheerio treats instead of rice krispies with peanut butter and marshmallows added - adds some protein)?
-chex mix?

great idea on cereal bars...easy too! thx

My sister is 16 and almost always asks to do a taco bar when her friends are spending the night. It's a huge hit, and pretty cheap. They do ground beef mostly, but have done chicken before. My mom cooks the chicken in the crock pot, but cooks the ground beef on the stove and keeps it warm in the crock pot.

It's something the girls like eating throughout the night, and are pretty good keeping cleaned up.

meatballs in a crockpot with that chili sauce/grape jelly combo sauce. my girls love nibbling on those

My sister is 16 and almost always asks to do a taco bar when her friends are spending the night. It's a huge hit, and pretty cheap. They do ground beef mostly, but have done chicken before. My mom cooks the chicken in the crock pot, but cooks the ground beef on the stove and keeps it warm in the crock pot. It's something the girls like eating throughout the night, and are pretty good keeping cleaned up.

I was thinking taco bar too, but if you are going more snack like, you could do a nacho bar. Tortilla chips, hot cheese in the crock pot or microwave, and then toppings like lettuce, tomato, sour cream. Or get shredded cheese and they could nuke in the microwave when they make them on a plate.

My sister is 16 and almost always asks to do a taco bar when her friends are spending the night. It's a huge hit, and pretty cheap. They do ground beef mostly, but have done chicken before. My mom cooks the chicken in the crock pot, but cooks the ground beef on the stove and keeps it warm in the crock pot.

It's something the girls like eating throughout the night, and are pretty good keeping cleaned up.

I second the taco idea. It's stupidly easy, just make sure you have some non-meat options (like beans) in case anyone is an herbivore. Taco shells and tortilla wraps, plus tortilla chips so they can do nacho style if they would rather eat it that way.

Grr, now I want tacos ....

Definitely a fruit tray with dip. I brought one to a Superbowl party and the teen girls went crazy over it. You can also find different recipes for flavored popcorn.

I second the nachos. Kids always eat it up, usually I just throw in a block of Velveeta and a can of Rotel and call it done. Recently we had it at a party where they added cooked hamburger to it and it was so yuummmy! I'm making it this weekend for my own birthday!

We also love the little hotdogs in the bbq sauce in the crock pot too.

A giant sub sliced in pieces would be good (keep condiments on the side, so kids can put on what they like)...

Fondue....cheese and chocolate. I've even had one with marinara and mozzarella and we dipped bread chunks. Use a crock on "serve" or "low" to keep the dip warm.

For the boys I always do tacos in the crockpot. For the girls I usually make a pan of homemade baked mac and cheese or baked ziti.

THank you all so much. Fantastic ideas! I love the taco idea but DD not a taco fan....I think I will do nachos and the mac/cheese idea! My dd is gluten intolerant but I can make a GF version...Super ideas...

Thanks so much and the fruit tray for sure!!!

I also think Tacos. A Taco Bar works great. Offer two meats (chicken/ground beef), cheese, lettuces, diced tomato, taco sauce, sour cream, and anything else you can think of.

Or a Potato Bar is also a good choice. Large baked russets, cheeses, diced veggies, ranch dressing, ham bits, bacon bits, etc.

I like to do like movie food. Fix the large pretzel and nachos. That away kids can use the same nacho sauce for pretzels and nachos. I usually do hot dogs too.

ya we do the taco bar alot, also a mashed potato bar is always fun, i did that for my son and his friends last week, with chicken wings and pop corn chicken, and this funky corn on the cob recipe my son found online :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter