Need food ideas for a Safari theme party

Earstou

DIS Veteran
We are throwing a surprise party for my mom's 80th birthday. She just went on a photo Safari, so safari will be our theme.
We will decorate with animal prints, stuffed animals, and photos from her trip. We will make animal decorated cupcakes, (Betty Crocker has some cute ideas).
But I'm stuck on food. Some of it will be potluck from the family, but I will cook and serve the main dishes.
So, any ideas for food with a Safari or African theme?

You could try looking at the "Official" Disney Recipe Index thread stickied at the top of Cooking. There are many recipes there for restaurants at the Animal Kingdom Lodge-Boma and Jiko. If you find anything you like, go to the actual recipe thread to find it. The index will tell you what page it's on in the thread. While I've never eaten at any of the restaurants there, I've seen many post that they love it. You might also find some recipes listed for the Animal Kingdom theme park.

VickiV

OK, so all I have to do is look, lol!!!

I spent a long time looking last night and saved quite a few into a document that I will share with my sisters (they are helping with the party).

Thanks for pointing the sticky out to me, I had just popped over here quickly and posted, without looking around, knowing my Disboard friends would help me out!!!
Thanks again!

You could make Bobotie - its a family staple in Africa. I have South African friends, one used to be a Safari guide and this is often what they would serve the tour groups for dinner and she made it for me. Its South Africas version of British Shepherds Pie. I love it! http://www.whats4eats.com/meats/bobotie-recipe

This recipe suggests adding apricot preserve which I do to give it a sweet kick :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter