• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need fast advice: What do I do with an extra ticket?

sasha

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I need quick advice. Hope this isn't too confusing:

Through my cousin's work, she's able to get DL tickets at a discounted rate. DH, myself and our two young DD's are planning on going to DL tomorrow. I gave her money for 3 tickets (2 adults & 1 child since our youngest DD just turned two so she gets in free). I guess my cousin fogot how young our DD was because she just brought over the tickets, but she bought 4 tickets instead of 3. So now we owe my cousin extra money for a ticket we don't need. It's non-refundable so she can't return it at her work. What do we do now? She asked if we can sell it to someone in the ticket line tomorrow, but truthfully I don't know if I feel comfortable doing that. It's a child's admission for $44, instead of the $53 they charge at the gate. So someone would end up saving $9, but how do I approach someone? And can I get in trouble with DL by doing that? I was really looking forward to a wonderful day at DL tomorrow, but now I'm stressed out.

Any advice???

Thanks,
Sasha

Its a bit fishy to be honest if you sell it at that price. I would show a receipt cuz ppl might think your selling them a fake ticket. Just tell them you bought tickets for 4 ppl but now one person cant go and you want to get rid of it. Or you can always bring another friend or something. Or maybe one of these nice Disboard members would like to buy your ticket?

I've done that at Knott's, and didn't have a problem with it. If it's just a discounted ticket with no name on it, it should be OK. If I were there and saw someone selling it and needed one, I'd probably buy it.

Yeah you could always ask around when you are there, but I like the idea stated above that you could always bring someone else with you. Im sure that child would love the ticket.

Standard tickets purchased at the park do not expire. Does yours? You could just keep it until next time if you are not comfortable selling it to someone at the park entrance.

sasha said:
Hi Everyone,

I need quick advice. Hope this isn't too confusing:

Through my cousin's work, she's able to get DL tickets at a discounted rate. DH, myself and our two young DD's are planning on going to DL tomorrow. I gave her money for 3 tickets (2 adults & 1 child since our youngest DD just turned two so she gets in free). I guess my cousin fogot how young our DD was because she just brought over the tickets, but she bought 4 tickets instead of 3. So now we owe my cousin extra money for a ticket we don't need. It's non-refundable so she can't return it at her work. What do we do now? She asked if we can sell it to someone in the ticket line tomorrow, but truthfully I don't know if I feel comfortable doing that. It's a child's admission for $44, instead of the $53 they charge at the gate. So someone would end up saving $9, but how do I approach someone? And can I get in trouble with DL by doing that? I was really looking forward to a wonderful day at DL tomorrow, but now I'm stressed out.

Any advice???

Thanks,
Sasha

Sasha dont even worry about that....just go up to people waiting in the ticket line and tell them you have an extra ticket and you'll sell it cheap...your going to sell it ....dont worry about that

make a magical moment! :) walk up to someone and surprize them with a free passport to the happiest place on earth! :cool1: :banana:

Thanks! You all made me feel so much better. I'm going to try not to stress out about it anymore. We'll just offer the ticket to someone for $40. The tickets expire 12/16, we don't have another child to take, and at this time we can't financially afford to just give the ticket away. Although it's a nice thought.

Thanks again!

We're off to DL now!...

Sasha

DLcastmbr said:
make a magical moment! :) walk up to someone and surprize them with a free passport to the happiest place on earth! :cool1: :banana:

We did this once and it was awesome! We had two extra tickets and we saw a young couple with a baby and gave the tickets to them. The smiles on their faces were worth it!

I believe in Karma - spread good things and they come back to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter