• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Express for Nov trip?

pixar mark

Mouseketeer
Three of us going to Universal Nov 12 and 13, which is a Wed, Thu. Myself, my wife, and 6 year old daughter who is 48" tall. We have never been to Universal and want to see everything that my daughter is tall enough for, which excludes like 5 of the wilder rides I think. I currently have a HRH reservation for one day to get the two days of Express, but it's $300 vs. about $70 across the street at the Best Western, plus BW has free breakfast and parking. Is the Express going to be worth $250 to me in November considering we aren't doing most of the big coasters? I realize it would also give me early entry to the Harry Potter stuff, which we definitely want to see. If I need to pay it, I will. But I just envision getting there and walking on 75% of the rides and being upset the whole time that I overpaid to skip about 5 lines in two days. What do you think?

Three of us going to Universal Nov 12 and 13, which is a Wed, Thu. Myself, my wife, and 6 year old daughter who is 48" tall. We have never been to Universal and want to see everything that my daughter is tall enough for, which excludes like 5 of the wilder rides I think. I currently have a HRH reservation for one day to get the two days of Express, but it's $300 vs. about $70 across the street at the Best Western, plus BW has free breakfast and parking. Is the Express going to be worth $250 to me in November considering we aren't doing most of the big coasters? I realize it would also give me early entry to the Harry Potter stuff, which we definitely want to see. If I need to pay it, I will. But I just envision getting there and walking on 75% of the rides and being upset the whole time that I overpaid to skip about 5 lines in two days. What do you think?
You should be OK w/o Express for those days. Diagon Alley will increase crowds but normally early November is not a very busy time. Unless you're going during a very busy time, wait until you arrive to see what the lines are like before purchasing EPs.

You could split the difference and stay at Cabana Bay. I put in 11/12 - 11/13 and the standard room is $134 per night. You won't get express pass but you will get early entry. It might be a good compromise for you. Personally I think the resort is a good choice for your dates. It has a mini fridge so you can save money by buying breakfast and snack foods at the grocery store. It also has a coffee pot with the free coffee pods.

Metro makes a good suggestion about CB. As to your worries about feeling like you've wasted money with no benefit I would say that there is little chance that you would be disappointed in staying at HRH for the cost if nothing more than the fact that you are practically at the gate of US. You may not "need" the EP, but I would wager with the new HP area and the crowds it might bring you might "want" it. In summary, I think the onsite hotel and EP will feel well worth the money. There's nothing like just walking back to the room for a break or hitting the pool with no worries about wait times or busses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter