need expert opinions - DL or DCA, which days

Shelly D.

Mouseketeer
DH & I are arriving in the evening of 4/20, so we'll spend two days at DL and one at DCA Saturday, Sunday & Monday.

I'd love your opinions on which park to do each day since we can't hop? I figured we'd spend one weekend day and Monday at DL, but I don't know if Saturday or Sunday would be best (crowd-wise) for DL.

Any opinions?

Thanks all!

If you visit DL on either a Saturday or Sunday, you will run into crowds. I think that either day will have the same amount of crowds.

You don't have to worry about that problem at DCA. Any day you visit DCA, you won't run into unbearably long lines so you're flexible in that regard.

What I would do is visit DL on a Saturday. DL is usually open later on Saturdays than on Sundays so even though it will be crowded, you will have an extra hour or two to get more stuff done. Then on Sunday, take a break from DL and see DCA. You can even sleep in from the long night before and arrive around 11PM or 12 noon and still get everything in. DCA doesn't have as many attractions as DL so you'll find the day to be a relaxing change of pace from the day before at DL. If you can grab fast passes for the e-ticket rides at DCA, then you can use your time more wisely by catching a show or seeing an exhibit. You may even finish your day early and get to bed early enough or you can repeat your favorite attractions as often as you like. I hear that after the parade, DCA clears up considerably and there is hardly a wait around 7pm for everything.

Then on Monday, go back to DL and catch everything that you missed on Saturday and repeat the stuff that you liked.

The only problem with visiting DCA later in the day is that all of the fast passes for California Soarin' may be gone. THat means you will have a long wait to do the attraction standby. SInce any visit to DCA must include this attraction you may not want to wait in the line.

My recommendation is to visit Disneyland on Saturday for the longer hours added area entertainment etc...

On Sunday go to DCA as early as you can. You are on vacation after all. Then after you have experienced Soarin, go back to the hotel and take a nap.
Come back to DCA in the late afternoon. The lines should be shorter. DCA looks fabulous at night.
You will have a great time. If you visit early, you might run out of things to do at DCA by nightfall and then miss out on the great Paradise Pier lighting at night.

Just my thoughts.

Larry Poppins

Having just been there on a Saturday thru Monday in March, my only concern is Monday. We did like the above-went to Disneyland on Saturday, DCA on Sunday (got there in early a.m., went back to hotel in afternoon), and then DL on MOnday. Well, Disneyland was absolutely packed on Monday!!! Way more crowded than it was on Saturday-maybe because it was an early entry day??? By 11 o'clock the lines were way too long. I wonder if we had switched it if it would have been better??? DL again on Sunday and then switched to DCA on Monday?

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#6600CC>I agree with Larry Poppins' plan. Right now, Saturdays are blocked for Deluxe & CA Annual Passholders, so they may be going to Disneyland on Sundays, so either day would probably be kind of crowded. Take advantage of DL on Saturday, and take in Fantasmic & the fireworks, if you can. Go to DCA in the morning, go back & rest (if you're staying someplace locally) and go back to DCA for late afternoon/ evening fun.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland & Techie Boards Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My DL Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Font Hints

Thanks everyone! I am also arriving on 4/20, but we're staying until 4/25. On 4/24 I'll be celbrating my 40th birthday at DL! I really wish we could park hop :(. Maybe I'll kvetch to someone at DCL when we get there.

-- Robin

Thanks everyone. That was exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. I'm really disappointed that park hopping is only available to DL resort guests. It's such a nice way to help with crowd control because once one park gets really busy, you can head over to the other instead of standing around in lines. I'm not sure what the benefit is of limiting hopping - I guess they just wanted to add one more perk to resort guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter