Need ECV help.....

heycher

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Thank you in advance for helping me with this question.

I am planning a trip for someone who has MS and needs an ECV - staying at the Contemporary in a tower room.

Can you recommend for me the best company or companies to rent an ECV from for a week? The father (user of ECV) has a 5 year old son and wants to be able to stay with the wife and son as much as possible.

Any other tips I should pass along to him about ECV use? I apologize, I know this probably gets discussed here a lot and is a repetitive question but I appreciate so much any help you can give me.

Thanks!
Cheryl

I just returned from WDW and rented from Buena Vista Scooters. It was great! The scooter looked practically new, it drove excellently, was waiting for me at Bell services at my resort (Wilderness Lodge) and that is where I dropped it off this morning as I left. It was about half the cost of renting at WDW itself, and this way I had the scooter at the resort too, not just the parks.

I rented from Apple scooter in November and it was awful. I would never recommend them. The first scooter broke after only about three hours use the first night I was there. It was old and beat up. They replaced it the next morning, but it took them the entire morning to actually bring me the replacement so I lost half of a day at Epcot and we were only there for three days! It looked even worse than the first and even had a broken handle. They said it was all they had. A really bad experience overall which is why I decided to try Buena Vista Scooters this time.

We always use Apple Scooter for my mom's ECV. We've never had a problem and would highly recommend them. In fact we just used them in early Dec and will be using them again in late March.

We've also used Walker's Mobility in the past and never had a problem with them either. We just prefer Apple because they are always cheaper and because they are one of the preferred venders they can just leave the ECV and then pick it up at bell services, so we don't have to meet them for pick up or drop off.

We rented from Buena Vista Scooters and it worked great. The 2nd day it started having battery problems and they met us at AK and replaced it. The one time we reserved from Apple Scooters it didn't show up and they couldn't find the order. We have ordered from Buena Vista since. Since dd is getting a personal scooter of her own we will no longer be renting.

I used Walker for the first time in Dec. They were great, easy to use, very helpful, and easier than expected to meet them to receive and return the scooter. And actually, I ended up liking meeting them so I could ask any questions about using the scooter, charging, etc. And, they were helpful when I changed resorts, meeting me at the new resort with no extra charges. The 3 wheel scooter I rented was very easy to drive, even easier than the 4 wheel Disney one I used the previous 2 visits, with a nice tight turning radius. Also, renting offsite I was sure I'd always have the scooter when needed, renting thru Disney meant that all scooters might be rented by the time I got to the park. Then I didn't have to worry about that, or wait for one to become available if it ever did. Or, spend the time going thru the rental process each time I entered a park. I just charged the scooter in my room every night and was good to go for another full day after 8 hrs! I did bring the charger with, just in case but never needed it.

I was worried about having to drive onto the bus or monorail but the drivers were helpful and it was easier than I expected. Plus, this is one place the 3 wheels and tight turning radius was very helpful!

And, one of the best things is it was a little less than half the cost I would have spent if I rented at the parks! After reading all the posts and threads I found here, I chose Walker Mobility and very glad I did. I recommend them very highly! :thumbsup2

We've used Walker for years now and never a problem. Great equipment, prompt and no "surprises".:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter