Need DVC experts advice on what will happen to my points.

dapod423

Mouseketeer
Hi all! So basic information is that I have a June UY with 210 points. We are going with my DH entire family (15 people). I have a reservation for Jan 2012 2- 2bdrom at AKV. In order to book this I used 96 banked points from 2010, all 210 points from 2011 and borrowed 34 points from 2012.

Now because of family drama (who doesn't have some) 5 of those people may not come. If this happens I will change one of the 2 bdrms to a 1 bdrm. My question is what will happen with the difference in the points( about 30)? Will it go bank to 2011 and I have to use them by June 2012 or will they go back to where I borrowed from June 2012 UY and I have to use them by June 2013?

Thank for your help!

If you cancel while still in you banking period, MS could cancel the current (2011) UY points and then you can bank them into your 2012 UY,

Bobbi

Since the banking deadline for the 2011 UY points that are being used as part of the reservation is January 31st, 2012, you will be able to still bank them as long as you cancel at least 31 days in advance of the trip.

Just be sure that when you do it, you tell MS that you want to be sure that all the banked and borrowed points are still used for the reservations that are staying and that any returned points need to be your 2011 UY points.

Borrowing is a final transaction so those 2012 UY points can't be put back. If you cancel less than 31 days prior to the trip, then all of the points, regardless of what type they are, will become holding points and will expire May 31st, 2012 as well as only be eligible to be re-booked 60 days or less prior to check in date.

While they should return the 2011 points, make sure that they do return those points and if you know you won't need them I would bank them in the same phone call to make sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter