Need Disney Paradise Pier Info

farlinm1

Mouseketeer
Hi!
Thinking about staying at Paradise Pier next year for 2 or 3 nights. Have never stayed there or even been to DL before. I would appreciate any information about Paradise Pier that anyone can share. Thanks:)

Great hotel. Just stayed there last week. Largest rooms of all three hotels and if you can score a Theme Park View it has the best view available of all the hotels. Going to sleep with a view of Cars Land and Mickey's Fun Wheel is pretty dang cool.

Easiest way to the parks is across street and go through the Grand Californian Lobby. From there you can use the Resort Guest entrance directly into California Adventure or go though Downtown Disney and enter the Esplanade.

Route two is exit the back of the hotel and there is a walking path that will take you to the end of DTD by the DL Hotel and come out next to the Earl of Sandwich store.

Have Fun!

Love PPH! Proximity to parks and downtown Disney very cool. We found a short cut to downtown Disney. Directly north of PPH there's a parking lot. Located in the north east corner of the parking lot there's a cement path. Take that path and it will put you right in the middle of the Lego Store and AMC theaters. We love this path it helps out on those long walks back to the hotel.

Here's my only gripe about the PPH. The Anaheim Fire department uses Disney Way as a thoroughfare to take their ambulance to Anaheim Global Medical Center. So on our last stay during the night you could hear a whaling ambulance at 2:00AM driving to the hospital. Why not turn off the sirens? But no! So if you get a park view room at the PPH be prepared for the whaling 2:00 AM ambulance. Totally bummed us out. Turned out we weren't the only ones to complain.

We've stayed there twice and LOVE it. It's so sunny and cheerful, which we especially love being from PNW. The rooms are very large and comfortable and we love the quick walk through the Grand Californian as ParkHopper1 mentioned. Plus you can get room service and have the Mickey rice crispy treats delivered to your room each night. We loved ending our nights with that little treat waiting for us.
We had a pool view the first time which was perfectly fine. We were fortunate to receive a theme park view as an unexpected upgrade the second time and that was just phenomenal. We'd be happy with either view but I'm glad we got the special view at once. If we can afford it we'll be back there in November. It's expensive, but we decided we'd rather have the lovely hotel room and pass on the more expensive meals or dessert parties, if it was between the two.

Also. if you have a good number of eaters and drinkers in the room, consider getting a concierge room. With our family, it actually saves us money.

Would anyone be able to give me any insight into what PP is like in March? Eg. Pool opening/closing times, Sand Bar, general vibe?

TIA

PPH is often overlooked. It's a great hotel and to me feels more intimate. Highly recommend a room on a higher floor facing the parks. You get a great view of DCA. The lobby cafe is a great place to grab a quick lunch or breakfast. Pool is located on the 3rd floor I believe, maybe the 2nd. There are two ways to get to the parks. Either walk cross the street and walk through the GCH or walk out the back of the building and head north (right) and follow the path towards DTD you can catch the monorail directly to Disneyland or walk through DTD to the entrance of both parks. When you check-in ask the cast member any questions you may have and they'll be able to direct you to the fast way to access the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter