need craft ideas on dog sledding

Vickie46

DIS Veteran
Hi.. I am working with a group of kids .. (about 6) they are learning about dog sledding.. The teacher wants me to come up with a cool craft for the kids and any other neat ideas. I am helping her next week.. Does anyone know how to make the dog sleds out of Craft sticks? Any ideas are so appreciated! thanks!

Is this sled actually going to be pulled by said dogs? I'm thinking not. In which case, a small model can be made from craft sticks, just decide on dimensions and design, then either use a simple glue or masking tape, better still duct tape, for that is really strong. Then take spray paint or paint to color it with and to conceal the tape as well. Duct tape now comes in a clear color too,which tape wise I just love.

How old are the students?

If they are fairly young, here's an edible dog sled. . .

P2130008.jpg

http://www.mce.k12tn.net/dogs/lesson_plans_for_dog_sledding_un.htm

Further down that same page is a dog bone magnet craft. . .

magnets.jpg

:) OK I like those little tasty looking candy cane sleds. Even the dog bones look pretty good to me, and they help with fresh breath too, as well as fighting tar tar... ;) No, really....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter