need budget gift for a wealthy couple - this is difficult

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
We need a gift for an older wealthy couple. They need nothing and buy whatever they want, whenever they want.

They are going on an alaskan cruise so maybe something related to that?

I realize I am on a budget so my gift will have to be more thoughtful that monetary.

I was thinking of a photobook for them to keep pictures in from their cruise.

Any other ideas? I haven't been in this situation for a while where the couple could buy whatever they want. They are wonderful people and we really want to get them something nice.

The first thing that came to mind was a photo album for their cruise. I think that is a great gift.

If you knew the cruise line, dates, you could order something for them in their room when they arrive? Or you could also purchase ship credit for them to use?

We need a gift for an older wealthy couple. They need nothing and buy whatever they want, whenever they want.

They are going on an alaskan cruise so maybe something related to that?

I realize I am on a budget so my gift will have to be more thoughtful that monetary.

I was thinking of a photobook for them to keep pictures in from their cruise.

Any other ideas? I haven't been in this situation for a while where the couple could buy whatever they want. They are wonderful people and we really want to get them something nice.

My family cruises, and one of the best inexpensive things I have ever purchased was the rolling travel clock from Brookstone. I believe they are on sale now for 2/$15. It is GREAT on a ship (or other vacation) because it stays dark until you roll it, then a light comes on so you can see the time...it then goes off again, so your room stays really dark. Most ships have no clocks in the rooms.

I don't see it online, but I know I purchased it this past weekend at the mall.

I think it's a really practical gift that they would REALLY appreciate the thought behind...

Hope this helps!

For people who have everything and need nothing I try to think of something they can't find in a store, or wouldn't think to. What about making them some cookies, brownies, or specialty candy? (Whatever you're good at, and/or like to make).

Or buy a nice box of blank cards and a book of Forever stamps, if they enjoy keeping in touch via mail?

Put together a basket of foods/teas they enjoy (or you think they might). Cheese and crackers, bottle of wine, bread, tea/coffee/hot chocolate, little jars of jelly/mustard.

You could pre make a scrapbook for their trip. Buy a scrapbook, and do the pages according to the cruise theme. They make all kinds of papers and die cuts that are cruise themed then when they get home and develop the pics all they have to do is put the pics on the pages. You could even include a walgreens/walmart gift card for their photo developing.

If you didn't want to do a cruise theme, you could get them a nice wine decanter set with wine glasses and add a bottle of wine.

How about a luggage scale - with the weight restricitons and bag limits it's a really handy tool.

What about a donation in their name to either a charity or to a local organization that they would or are interested in? Volunteer fire departments, schools, libraries - all of these places need more money then they can get. If not, I'd go with the homemade approach - there are recipies on line for coffees and tea mixes, one of those with some cookies is a thoughtful but inexpensive gift.

I love the photo album or scrapbook idea for their future cruise. Do you know what ship and when they are going. You could post over on the DISign board and they could make a really cool personalized image to go in the first page. I've seen the DISign board do non-Disney images for other cruise lines and they are always great.

What about a donation in their name to either a charity or to a local organization that they would or are interested in? Volunteer fire departments, schools, libraries - all of these places need more money then they can get. If not, I'd go with the homemade approach - there are recipies on line for coffees and tea mixes, one of those with some cookies is a thoughtful but inexpensive gift.

This is a great idea - what about a charity in Alaska? You can make the donation in the size that fits your budget, and they'll never know how much you spent! :thumbsup2

Almost didn't post because I don't know the company name. But, how about a neck pillow for their flight(if part of the trip is flying to destination) ? My friend had one that folds flat until you need it. Doesn't take up much space in your carryon or purse. The quality was excellent, nice material not plastic.

How about a vacation vault? It's a cute little locker that you can clip onto a chaise lounge by the pool that you can keep your cell phone/keys in while hanging out by the pool.

I like the clock idea...add some hand warmers ($1 bin at Target) and some of those stretchy gloves (don't want to take nice ones on some shore excursions), and something for the door (magnetic, the doors are metal). The door thingys were really usefully on our last cruise, DD has NO sense of direction...none at all. If the budget allows a Fodors travel guide to Alaska (or similar).
I scrapbook and I love it, but it adds up fast....

I like the donation idea. Whatever they have a passion for, There are also sites where you can purchase things like a goat or chickens for a needy country in ones name. Maybe add a plate of home-made goodies.

(Bolded) This is my *Favorite* go to gift... if I just can't THINK of something perfect for the person/couple, I think about what's important to them... animals, kids, cancer, heart disease, abused women/children, plants, history, etc etc... everyone has SOMETHING that they have a special tug in thier heart for.. I then make a donation in the person's honor to that charity and send them a nice note about it with a small "token" gift such as a bottle of wine, nice box of chocolate etc. I get more "i just loved that ideal" from this type of gift then anything else I have ever bought someone! and it's a good budget gift because the acknowledgement card doesn't state the amount donated so you can feel good with doing a gift that you can afford that does not "scream" that you "only" spent $xyz on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter