Need budget chocolate mold help

lisabarr

<font color=blue>Caused an uproar over Tag Fairy v
So, I bought these chess chocolate pieces molds off of ebay but I have no idea how to make these or where/what kind of chocolate to buy without breaking the bank.
So, all you crafty peeps, help!!!!

I can't help with the chocolate but can you tell me what the ebayer's name is that you go these from, or post a link? I've been looking for something like this but have never seen them. Thanks. Good luck with the chocolate.

Do you have Michael's Crafts, or JoAnn Fabrics?

They each have a section for cake decorating, and near that area are chocoloate molds and the chocolate you use for the molds. They come in chips about the size of a bingo chip. I typically use the white chocoloate.

You melt the chocolate and pour into the mold.

I use regular semisweet chips melted when I do smaller stuff. For a more detailed piece you might want to buy specific melting chocolate. We have a candy making store here and I believe Michaels sells it too. (its the stuff that looks like discs of chocolate- like GIANT flat chips)

Be sure to tap out the bubbles too. Good luck

hmmmm I have Michaels and Joanns coupons for this week. Is it good chocolate?

YEs, its good. That's what I use. And I melt them SLOWLY in the micro wave in a measuring cup I can pour from. It's usually a nuke on low power for 30 secs, stir, nuke some more til I get a consistency to pour it. I've also heard of people melting it like I do...then pouring it into a ketchup or mustard squirt bottle from the dollar store.

I always use a cheap dollar store plastic spoon or cheap dollar store spatula to stir though...bc I can never get it clean so I just toss it. The melted chocolate comes off the glass measuring cup much easier.

I only use Wilton's Chocolate (what is at Michael's, JoAnn's) and have found it to be cheapest at Wal-Mart (when the other stores aren't running sales or if there aren't any coupons!).

I only use Wilton's Chocolate (what is at Michael's, JoAnn's) and have found it to be cheapest at Wal-Mart (when the other stores aren't running sales or if there aren't any coupons!).

Just be careful with the Walmart stuff. I've found that they don't have the product turnover that Michael's and Joanne's does (at least in my area) and I've gotten stuff that is obviously old.

i second the advice to go slow when melting. You can burn/scorch the chocolate if not careful. I usually put the chips in one of Wilton's disposable decorating bags and then melt in the microwave squeezing the chocolate around until it is completley melted. then just snip the end off of the bag to fill the molds. Be sure to shake the molds once filled to make sure all the air bubbles are brought up to the surface. You can store the chocolate in the bag and reheat/melt again. :)

HTh

Jill in CO

If you got a cake an candy supply shop in your area you can buy supplies there mine has hersheys chocolate in the discs like the bingo chips. also what is called coconut dough that is the same stuff that is in almond joys an mounds only better because it's fresh. Stuff for chocolate covered cherries MMMMMMMMMMMMM & many other goodies.

PP's are right melt chocolate slowly it will turn hard as a rock if you over heat it.

OK, bought the premium wiltons milk chocolate and white chocolate, with my coupons, spent spent $2.08 per pack, got 2 packs.
Any other tips/hints? How long will they keep in the fridge? The party is on Sat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter