• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Black Friday ideas!

coltsfanatic

"I'm the sweetest vegan you'll ever meet."
So I know it might be crazy but my favorite day of the entire year (except for the years I go to Disney) is Black Friday. I love the lines, the deals and of course, the shopping. :cool1:

Need some merchandise ideas for when I hit the stores:

-I want to snag a deal on a new "park bag" where I can store all of my goods throughout the day. Like it to be waterproof, stylish and just the right size.

-I know I need something for our Typhoon Lagoon day to hold our Keys to the World card and, if it's a possibility, water shoes (we will only be wearing them periodically).

-Leads me to my third merchandise...watershoes. Do you have an experience with any fashionable watershoes?

-Last but not least...have you seen swimsuits and if so, where, that function as a bikini but have jewelry that covers up the belly button area? Looking to get one for a relative who has an "outie."

Any suggestions?

Thanks sooo much everyone!

I have no advice. I have never been shopping on Black Friday and never will. I have done all my Black Friday shopping online. Everyone I know who has ever done Black Friday early a.m shopping has hated it and said they would never do it again.

You may be hard pressed to find water shoes or a bikini this time of year. You may have to get them off Amazon or something like that.

And to just HAPPEN to find some random waterproof tote bag at a Black Friday sale is probably not likely either. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but you seem to have specific things you want that are not usually Black Friday sale items, or even available in the types of stores that have Black Friday sales.

Hit the budget board there is a whole thread on the black friday deals. Also checkout the ads up online for the ads. Look up black friday ads. You can sign up for them through your email.

I think it really depends on the area you are in. B/c here it isn't that bad most people are very nice and helpful. Like one time a total stranger and I got together and she got one item for all us and her and I got other for her and us. It was great.
but I do think it really depends on the area you are in as I have heard of some really bad stories in other areas and I don't think i would like that much at all.
Here we do really have long lines and such but if you want to wait it is ok.

I love to do black fri me my mom and my sis and my dd all go together our way of being out all day shopping without the guys and they leave us alone!

i don't have any advice but I don't know if you find water shoes or swim suits this time of year never seen them out. Sorry.

Thanks! I'll have to check out the budget board. It'll be nice to read up on the deals b/c I mostly do my shopping online. :)

You might try Marshalls or TJ Maxx for park bags. They usually have a nice selection. I have gotten both Vera Bradley and Bagginni bags from there. They might also have water shoes and bathing suits.

Thanks! I'll have to check out the budget board. It'll be nice to read up on the deals b/c I mostly do my shopping online. :)

Have you registered with www.joeshopping.com?
It is for shopping online but is also a social media site.
Users review stuff to earn points, and those points become discounts.

Put some insomnia to good use. LOL
I won a big contest the month it launched.
Won't say how much, but more than the value of a week of free dining.

Free site, of course.

I agree that the items on your list are not BF items. Not to say you won't find some on clearance somewhere, but that price would be there regardless if it being Black Friday. The national chains that typically have the BIG BF sales have the same items on sale nationally, so you'd be hard-pressed to find a water-proof beach bag as a BF sale item.

Have fun shopping though! Online shopping is now the way to go! I log-on Thursday night and open the windows to the websites I want to to go to. Sometimes the sale pages are leaked, but aren't live yet, so all you have to do is keep refreshing the page until that sale price comes up and then get it in your shopping cart and check-out. I pre-enter my check-out info or keep it open in a word file so I can quickly cut & paste my credit card information if it's not already stored in the system.

I use slickdeals for all of my BF needs. They have just about every store along with the ads that are already online and scanned, so you can see them now.

http://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter