need bingo 101

rsjj

DIS Veteran
have never played bingo! can someone explain it to me? i know this much...

someone calls out #s, and you try to get numbers in a row.

walked into a bingo session on our last cruise...looked really fun. the crowd was having fun, and so were the cms. am thinking of trying...is this appropriate for children? i did see kids there. ours are 3 & will be 6.

you just go up & buy a card? from where? how much?

thank you in advance! oh, and any bingo tip is greatly appreciated...since i know almost nothing! :flower:

Bingo is lots of fun! We don't have kids, but we have seen plenty of kids have a great time! They are allowed to play, but an adult must purchase the card for them, and be the one to collect any cash prize.
When you purchase your cards you get enough for 5 games. Each card can have either 1 bingo square per game, 3 per game or 6 per game. In november it was $10 for the single packs $25 for the 3 pack and 35 for the "jumbo" pack.

They play the 5 games, and all of them are different. sometimes you need a line of 5 in a row, other times you need the four corners.... The Jackpot round (the last card) is the toughest. You have to get EVERY number on the card to win! (talk about pressure :) )
:hourglass

Its fun the first time but after that you get SO tired of hearing "yea baby" and "doh" and all the other silly things they have people saying...they drag 5 games out for an unbelievable amount of time.....if you have ever played real bingo and like it you will find the ships bingo is no where near the same.

I think the OP said he has never played before.

It is fun to spend an hour or so doing it. My son 6 at the time could have gone either way. They have different patterns you need to complete in order to win. They will show an example of the pattern and you need to finish that and yell bingo.

Get there a few minutes early and you will just go to the front of the room and purchase the cards. The CMs are there selling them. The last session of the cruise they give away all the money for the week so some jackpots can reach over $5,000 (depending on the cruise and how many people have played over the week).

Remember to not rip out the pieces on your card, you just punch it out. You rip it out it becomes invalid. Have fun.

The title of this thread made me laugh. :goodvibes

I too have never played on board, so I'm with ya. Now, when you punch out the card, do you simply put one of your fingers into the paper to punch or what? It sounds like fun. When I was at guest relations one night (settling that HUGE merchandise account, ouch) people were coming one by one with their bingo winnings. I think I'll try it next June!

feenie said:
Bingo is lots of fun! We don't have kids, but we have seen plenty of kids have a great time! They are allowed to play, but an adult must purchase the card for them, and be the one to collect any cash prize.
When you purchase your cards you get enough for 5 games. Each card can have either 1 bingo square per game, 3 per game or 6 per game. In november it was $10 for the single packs $25 for the 3 pack and 35 for the "jumbo" pack.

They play the 5 games, and all of them are different. sometimes you need a line of 5 in a row, other times you need the four corners.... The Jackpot round (the last card) is the toughest. You have to get EVERY number on the card to win! (talk about pressure :) )
:hourglass

can you explain this pack/game thing? i'm really sorry, if i just don't get this...each pack is good for 1 game? each card is for 1 game? and what's the "jumbo" pack?

thank you! :flower:

this may sound like a simple question...but here it goes...

to want to win the maximum prize, wouldn't you want to go to the last game only, where the prize is highest? :flower:

I believe you need to go to all the bingo sessions from day 1 in order to be able to go to the final. Besides, if everyone skips the first few days, then there's no jackpot to play for in the end.

ironwill1979 said:
I believe you need to go to all the bingo sessions from day 1 in order to be able to go to the final. Besides, if everyone skips the first few days, then there's no jackpot to play for in the end.

If thats true then its a new rule...last year I went to the last session only and won 370.00!

You do not have to play in the previous bingo sessions in order to play in the last. We played in Wavebands (on the 4 day Wonder) for the morning session and then the afternoon (last) session was held in the Walt Disney Theatre. The last game is pretty full! Lots of adults and kids. We loved it. Of course winning $200.00 didn't hurt either! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter