Need an official word...WL

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by My2QTs, Oct 10, 2008.

1. My2QTs

My2QTs DIS Veteran

Do the rooms or do the room not have refrigerators? Ive been told two different answers. Yes by dissers, no by a CM. What's the verdict??

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Gary M

Gary M DIS Veteran

Yes, they do have them.

4. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

All deluxe and mod rooms have fridges and coffee pots.

5. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

Yes they have them. I can dig out a picture if that will help.

6. tigger_03

tigger_03 2009 or 2010??

We were told they all had refrigerators in them. Our courtyard view room had a refrigerator.

7. stephgles

stephgles DIS Veteran

My woods view had one

8. disneyloveNY

disneyloveNY Why Can't We Live In DisneyWorld!!!!

They definitely have them.

9. Mom loves Disney

Mom loves Disney DIS Veteran

Both times we have stayed they had them.

10. mommyoftwo08

mommyoftwo08 Mouseketeer

I can quote on this from our last trip - even though it was at the Poly. Our room was supposed to have a refrigerator, however, it was far from cool. Our sons prescription spoiled (2 times, Yeah - TWO TIMES!) and we put a water bottle in it and the 7th day it was STILL not cooled off. I spoke with the manager and he let me know they were not refrigerators and he didn't know why they advertised it as that, that they were MINI - Frigerators and housekeeping actually called them Coolers.

That's our $0.02....Just be prepared that it is probably NOT going to be as cold as you would want/need/would expect it to be and then you should be fine.

11. tinkerrn

tinkerrn Needing 'pixie dust'!!

When we were there in 2005, our room did not have one. it was weird, we had to call and have one delivered. Again, that was in 2005. Probably a fluke.

12. tiger4me2

tiger4me2 DIS Veteran

When I was at the GF club level we had to ask for a mini but it froze all the drinks no matter what the setting. Had to get them to bring another one up.

For one poster that manager was wrong it keeps the water, soda cold. Something was wrong with it he should have replaced it. This happen when I stayed two weeks ago at BWI.:)

13. CleveRocks

CleveRocks <font color=red>Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

2005 was a transitional year. Beginning some time in 2005, EVERY ROOM in EVERY Deluxe and Moderate resort got refrigerators. They are fridges, not merely coolers (the person who posted above had a combination of a malfunctioning fridge and a very weird CM).

Refirigerators in these rooms are as standard as TVs and carpeting.

14. SplashMtnCrew

SplashMtnCrew DIS Veteran

My2QTs....I couldn't find your other thread question about WL so I hope you don't mind me posting these photos for you to see on this one. Sorry about the first one being smaller. The first one is what we saw to our left from the balcony and the second one is the view to our right from room5147. :thumbsup2 And yes, I promise there is a fridge in all the rooms

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Brave teacher

Brave teacher DIS Veteran

This is a pic from our room in February. I took a picture of the cabinet with the door closed, but I promise you that the big door on the bottom has a refrigerator inside of it.

[​IMG]

16. Mick&Minn

Mick&Minn Mouseketeer

yes you have a frig

17. GoofyFairie

GoofyFairie DIS Veteran

I thought I read somewhere that standard rooms don't have fridge, but all other categories do. We had inner courtyard and it had small fridge. Just don't it expect it to be cold when you get there- it takes awile, but it does the trick.

18. cannmom

cannmom Mouseketeer

If your fridge is not staying cool call maintanence to fix it. We had to do that at POFQ this Sept. We had a prescription that had to be kept in the fridge. They came right out and fixed it. The knob to adjust the temp had been removed. I guess by the hotel because the maintanence man had one with him. He did say to keep the outer cabinet door open instead of closed completely.

19. Eeyore's My Favorite

Eeyore's My Favorite EW Disney Mom

We had a fridge in our courtyard (pool) room. It was really cold when we checked in & we didn't have any trouble with anything staying very cold the entire time we were there. :cutie:

20. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

Since the remodel all rooms at WL have had a fridge. In early '05 - pre-rehab - we had trouble getting a fridge on arrival and it took a couple days for one to turn up. The manager I talked to assured me that this was about to become a non-issue with fridges permanently installed in every room as part of the remodel.

21. disney pro

disney pro Mouseketeer

There are supposed to be refrigerators in the rooms, but to make sure you get one I would request it and have them put it on your reservation. And if it doesn't work ask House keeping for another one. I request a fridge in my room every time I make a reservation.