Need an idea for a snack/appetizer/munchie that will travel well

jeminni

It's 5 o'clock somewhere
DH and I are going to his naval reunion next month. I need an idea for something I can make Thursday night, pack up and take with us for a 5 hour road trip then keep in the hotel fridge til Friday late night.It has to be a cold appetizer, not sure it there will be any way to heat it up. Keep in mind it will be for some drunken sailors and their spouses. ;)

Thanks for any suggestions :goodvibes

DH and I are going to his naval reunion next month. I need an idea for something I can make Thursday night, pack up and take with us for a 5 hour road trip then keep in the hotel fridge til Friday late night.It has to be a cold appetizer, not sure it there will be any way to heat it up. Keep in mind it will be for some drunken sailors and their spouses. ;)

Are you talking about a meal sort of food? Or a snack-y kind of food? My quick and easy party dish is a brick of cream cheese with salsa poured over it. We use wheat thins to dip (they're a little more substantial than chips). Next choice would be a veggie dip tray.

If you're arriving well before the party, I'd just buy a party platter at the grocery store once you arrived.

Beer dip!!!

2 pkgs cream cheese (softened)
1 pkg (1oz) dry ranch dressing mix
2 cups cheddar cheese
1/3-1/2 cup beer (a good light beer, we use Spotted Cow or something similar)

Mix cream cheese, dry ranch mix and cheddar cheese together. Slowly add beer until creamy consistency (you don't want it runny). Chill.

We prefer to serve it with pretzels, but you can also use crackers and chips as well.

Just bring a smaller cooler and ice. It will travel just fine!!

homemade chex mix

cheese/crackers/pepperoni latter (easy to keep cold enough in a cooler)

or stop somewhere local to where you will be on Friday and pick something up. If you find a grocery store chain or a deli in that area, you can probably pre order something and then just pop in to pick it up right before you attend your event. That would be much easier than transporting and storing something on your trip.

Can you pick up something once you get to your destination on Friday? Maybe tortilla roll ups or mini sandwiches or cheese/cracker tray from Sams Club or a grocery store?

If not, I'd probably go with spinach dip. Then cut up veggies and keep them separated in baggies to put in the hotel fridge. Put them out on a platter right before the event. Or you could always stick with brownies or something.

I agree on a dip of some kind, veggie or chip dip, maybe a cheeseball. Something you can mix in the hotel, and arrange on a platter.

Red Pepper Jelly Dip- Take a can of sweet red pepper, mix it up with a cup of sugar (I know :rolleyes1) in your food processor or blender. Put it in a bowl in your refrigerator, it will be good for a couple of days. When you are ready to use it, put a block of cream cheese on a plate, pour the jelly on top, serve it with any type of crackers you like. Easy and there's hever any leftover :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter