Need Agenda for 2 Days in LA

JenniferH

Earning My Ears
We are taking 3 girls (11, 8, 5) to LA for 2 whole days as a Disney side trip. No one in our group has ever been to LA, so we want to make sure to see the sights including a WB Studio tour, Walk of Fame, Hollywood sign, celeb homes, etc. Can someone suggest a good 2-day agenda? We will be staying in Hollywood if that makes a difference.

Visit the Hollywood & Highland shopping center. That will cover the Walk of Fame (right out front), the Dolby Theater (home of the Oscar ceremony), Hollywood sign (photo spot on an upper level), starting point for bus tours of celebrity homes (tickets can be purchased at the guest services desk/kiosk). Across the street is Disney's El Capitan Theatre (historic movie house that Disney restored), Ghirardelli's Soda Fountain, and the Jimmy Kimmel studio. You and your girls may enjoy a visit to the Grove and the American Girl store. That is not far from Hollywood & Highland. The Original Farmer's Market is next door to the Grove -- lots of food choices and celebrity sightings.

Will you have a car or be relying on other forums of transportation? Many bus tours depart from Hollywood.

You might want to check reviews of those celebrity homes tours. Most of them are homes that celebrities used to live in years ago and probably wouldn't be very interesting to kids. Consider Universal, as a backlot tour is included in park admission. The minimum age for the WB tour is 8 years old and they're pretty strict about it. I second the Grove/Farmer's Market suggestion and will add Griffith Park and the Griffith Observatory, La Brea Tarpits, CA Science Center (space shuttle) and Natural History Museum (right next door), Getty Museums, and Santa Monica Pier and Promenade as other things you might want to look into.

I am planning a trip to SoCal so I don't have much to add, as I'm still researching.

I just wanted to point out that the Warner Brothers Studio Tour has an 8+ age requirement.

We did a 1 day tour of Hollywood a couple of summers ago with our kids. We parked at The Hollywood and Highland shopping center, walked the boulevard, ate at the soda fountain and on a whim took a homes tour. Can't even remember the name of the company but we had a great time. Yes, we saw a lot of gates outside the homes closed, but still really enjoyed the Hills and a ride down Rodeo Drive in our open top van. We even had enough time to take a walk through the wax museum, which the kids loved. This was all in a days time. We are now considering a trip this summer to spend more time in LA. Kids want to see the ALDC LA, studio tour and the farmer's market. Where in Hollywood are you staying?

We have a day and a 1/2 in LA before three nights/two days in Anaheim for the Disneyland / California Adventure theme parks.

We are staying at the Best Western Plus / Hollywood Hills
Arrival day we are going to bring our stuff over to the motel, head over to the Chinese theatre (do a tour if they have any going), do the Madam Tussauds wax museum over there, visit the walk of fame (hear that only take about 15 minutes)

Then on our next day we will (we have a rental car) -- do the Warner Brother's studio tour, next go visit the Griffith Observatory for great views of LA and the Hollywood sign, and then check out the Santa Monica Pier. Next we'll hit the road and drive to Anaheim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter