Need advise on two attractions

Gophers

Mouseketeer
We have setup our Wishes Desert at MK and now I'm having 2nd thoughts. I really think we would enjoy the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and I don't think our group will want to do both due to all the other character ADR's we have during our trip next month. If you had to choice one which one would you do?

We have setup our Wishes Desert at MK and now I'm having 2nd thoughts. I really think we would enjoy the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and I don't think our group will want to do both due to all the other character ADR's we have during our trip next month. If you had to choice one which one would you do?
I would choose Hoop Dee Doo. It is a dinner and a show and lots of fun. :)

We did both on our last trip. We found the Hoop Dee Doo to be a far better value. The desserts have gone downhill at the party, and the view is not all that good for the castle show.

I would do hoop dee doo revue hands down! Have a great trip!!

We have done both....I would agree HDDR. It was fun and is dinner and a show. The dessert party is fun too, but I think it is overpriced for what you actually get.

Another vote for Hoop dee doo!!! We've done it the last five years- it's a must-do!! So entertaining and good food! It's a great Disney experience!!
Have a blast!

Wow....thanks for the information....now have see what the group wants to do.

Neither is necessary. We've been to WDW many times, and IMO, the dessert party is a waste.

We loved Hoop, but we've only done it twice, despite many trips before and multiple trips since our most recent Hoop.

Disney has become very adept at promoting all kinds of add-ons that we never felt we needed in order to have (many) fun trips to WDW. Our concern has often been the opposite, how do we find time to see all our (included with regular admission) favorites?

Both Hoop visits were times when we had annual passes and above our normal amount of Disney time.

If you choose Hoop, keep in mind that you need to allow plenty of time to arrive.

I absolutely hated the dessert party. I love the HDDR. I think the Dis has spoken pretty clearly on the better activity.

For me - the question is always not what I want to do (I want to do everything) but how much do I want to spend and do I think I'm getting value for what I'm paying (or in Disney's case - minimizing how much I'm overpaying). Never done a dessert party since I can't justify the price in light of the amazing snacks we can easily get through the day at so many places (rather than feeling like I have to make myself sick to make it worth it). Never done HDDR since I think it's overpriced for my tastes but most people I know who do it have a ball!

I haven't done HDDR, so no advice there. But, I didn't think the Dessert Party was worth the cost and the cost has gone us since we did it. I'd say skip it.

HDDMR is your best bet. Its a total laugh riot and the food is really good.

If you have never done hoop, do it. It's one of the longest running dinner shows in Orlando, and is great for the price. Lots of food, lots of good sangria, and a very good show. The performers are great. We have a picture of Flora (one of the characters) with my Ds when he was 1yrs. He had fallen in "love" with her! When he turned two, we took him back and the same actress was there! During the performance there's a section when she sits by the piano and sings "Let me call you sweetheart". Instead of sitting at the piano, she came over and sang to my Ds! (The waitress told "Flora" that we had been there b/f and my son loved her. It was the sweetest moment! Not saying the same will happen to you guys, but this show and the performers have plenty of heart and good food. Go go go!

HANDS DOWN HOOP!! I'm not sure what the cost difference is but Hoop has all you can eat 3 course meal, drinks, and a fantastic show, and is possibly my favorite thing on property!!

During Star Wars Weekend, we did the desert party and it was WOW, but it included alcohol. You would have to eat your way into a diabetic coma to get your moneys worth out of bite size deserts alone. ON the other hand Hoop Dee Do is by far the best dinner show we have ever done. The show is family friendly from age 2 to 100. Really talented performers and we liked the food. Sangria included. A bonus is watching the fireworks from the "beach" area after it is all said and done if you time it right. We are staying in a Wilderness Cabin because we liked the atmosphere at Fort Wilderness.

Thanks for all the great feedback.....we decided that we are going to do both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter