• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Advice

zoegirl

DVC Wannabe
DH and I are going to the World in Nov. for our 7th anniversary. :cool1:
I was wondering 1. What would be a good resort to stay at? (of course we're hoping that some great AP rates will be out at that time) and 2. Is the beginning of Nov. a good time of year to go? I know it's typically the "regular" season but do any of you know if we can expect it to be crowded? This info will help me decided when to get myself in gear to start making all those PS arrangements.

Thanks!

Welcome to the DIS, Zoegirl! :wave:

Since I don't know what level of resort you are looking to stay at, I'll tell you what one is my favorite at each level:

Value--Pop Century--It's the newest of the value resorts. I like the outside decor her better than the other value resorts. The food court is awesome. It seems a bit more compact than the other value resorts to me.

Moderate--Port Orleans French Quarter--I love the atmosphere here--it's so bright and cheerful. It's very peaceful, too. I also love that it is smaller than the other moderate resorts.

Deluxe--Beach Club--Love the location--it's nice to have the option of walking to Epcot and MGM. The pool is amazing. Beautiful grounds. Lots of dining options within walking distance at the Swan, Dolphin, and Boardwalk (and the world showcase at Epcot).

Early November is a good time to go. The crowds are usually pretty low, and the Food & Wine Festival should still be going on. There is Jersey week early in November, when the kids have no school, so lots of Jersey families will be there. I'm not sure when that is this year.

Hope that helps :)

Karen

Thanks it did help. I'm thinking POFQ might be the way we go. We've stayed at POP and I agree that it's great for a value resort but I like a little more room to spread my wings, plus the fridge in the room is an extra bonus at moderates. Have you ever stayed at the Swan ot Dolphin? Are they more like a deluxe or a moderate?
My plan is for the DH to fall in love with the World this trip. The last 4 times we've been it was with friends, or for the marathon and he went along with whatever the schedule was. So this trip I want us to take our time and enjoy all the World has to offer (well as much as we can in a week) :)

thanks again for your input.

I think POFQ would be great as well. Not only is it a smaller moderate resort it also offers the boat to DTD, you can walk along the river (or ride bikes), the theming is charming, and the weather will be nice when you go. I have been around the beginning/ mid Nov. and there are not many crowds at all. You should mention your anniversary when making the ressie to the CM. Maybe they can do something extra special! :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter