• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice!!!!

icequeenkcl

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to book a mother/daughter trip for my mom and I.

I'm looking at going towards the end of May, I have been many times but mainly at christmas!!

I need you opinion on the month, is it a good time to go, what's the weather like!!! Anything you can tell me would be great!!!!!
Thanks in advance..... Krista

I think may is a good time to go-I would suggest going before memorial day, because that's when the parks will be the most crowded.
As of the weather, it can be hot but I think it just depends on what you prefer.

It will be pretty hot by May again.. crowd wise it is not bad, most schools are still in session so it's not officially summer break yet. What else do you want to know? Where do you plan to stay, how many days?

We've gone 10 times to Disney....always in May. Weather is beautiful. High 80's low 90's. Parks are busy but manageable. Rates for rooms are decent. If you end up going later in month into early June you can get a little more rain. But still hot !

We usually go end of April/Beginning of May and its not too bad crowd wise. If you pick the right weekend it can be pretty empty actually.

It will be warm, but not as hot as mid summer, and probably a little less humidity.

If you can try to book your trip during the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. Its so beautiful!!

I was planning on the end of may but now looking at the calendar it looks like Memorial Day is the same weekend I was looking at, will have to look earlier in may.

Anyone been around Mother's Day???? Planning to stay at a value resort as I am the one footing the bill :)

Is the flower and garden festival included in the entrance to Epcot or is it separate????
Thanks for all the advice!! I really appreciate it

We have been at many times of the year. My absolute favorite trip was with my mom and sisters on ...... Mother's Day weekend in 2008! The weather was beautiful! Hot, but not overbearing. The crowds were spectacular. I thought it might be crowded due to being Mother's Day weekend but it was not. We arrived on Thursday afternoon and went right to DHS. We rode TOT about 5 times in a row and RNR about 3 with only a 20 minute wait - at 3 in the afternoon! The rest of the parks were similar. Minimal waits! I would choose this weekend again in a heartbeat!

May is a great time to go!! I would definitely suggest the first week if possible. My first trip to WDW was May 3-9th and it was fantastic.
Wait times weren't usually longer than a posted 30 minutes
Character wait times were great
Weather was super warm, never needed a sweater, but it wasn't scorching hot. We were usually in tank tops and shorts

I love traveling in early May, there's not any HUGE things going on (be careful of star wars weekend if you do go later). But there is the flower & garden festival over at Epcot (lots of toparies of characters and such to look at).

Mother daughter trips are fantastic (did on in Sept)! Have a great one!! And always remember to ask as many questions as you want, disboards is super helpful! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice!!! I've been dying for another Disney trip and things have been super crazy lately so I decided to start looking into and such!!!

I'm really excited and hope things work out!!! I really think its time for a Mom and me get away!!! Spend some quality time together!!!!

I'm looking at the 9th to the 15th, that'll give us Mother's Day and the flower and garden (which is a bonus honestly) my mom is super obsessed with photographing flowers haha thanks again for all the wonderful advice and I hope you all have a wonderful day :)

Thanks for the advice!!! I've been dying for another Disney trip and things have been super crazy lately so I decided to start looking into and such!!!

I'm really excited and hope things work out!!! I really think its time for a Mom and me get away!!! Spend some quality time together!!!!

I'm looking at the 9th to the 15th, that'll give us Mother's Day and the flower and garden (which is a bonus honestly) my mom is super obsessed with photographing flowers haha thanks again for all the wonderful advice and I hope you all have a wonderful day :)

The 9th to the 15th would be an excellent time to go. I was going to suggest not going the last week in May because schools in some areas begin their summer breaks starting that week.
It will probably be hot, so drink lots of water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter