Need advice... Something special for my parents

Piglet00017

Earning My Ears
My parents take care of my children (now ages 4 & 6) when my husband and I are at work and have done so since they were born. Grandma and Grandpa go on very few trips and have booked a Disney vacation mid-December of this year. I wanted to do something special for them at the World as a surprise to thank them for all they do for us but I am not sure what to do. I am hoping that all the experienced Disney fans could give me some suggestions... What do you think?

How about purchasing Memory Maker for them? Or tickets to LaNouba ( awesome show that they will love). If you get the tickets get them seats at the back of the floor or up a little...Lots of action takes place over head and you want to be able to see it all. Get them tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Part. My parents have loved all these things. Give them each a Disney Gift Card....

I agree with the idea of MVMCP tickets. My parents love that party. Gift cards are also a good idea, because they can use them for almost anything on property.

Hmmm... how about a spa day and /or golf (if they like to play that is)? There is great golfing and the spas are amazing.

Or dining reservations at V&A or the new Boathouse at DTD? The Yachtsman is pretty fantastic too.

Definitely Gift cards :)

My parents take care of my children (now ages 4 & 6) when my husband and I are at work and have done so since they were born. Grandma and Grandpa go on very few trips and have booked a Disney vacation mid-December of this year. I wanted to do something special for them at the World as a surprise to thank them for all they do for us but I am not sure what to do. I am hoping that all the experienced Disney fans could give me some suggestions... What do you think?

Howabout one of the fireworks cruises? I can't recall how much they are as we did it back in 2008 but I think circa $250.
You are picked up a resort (you choose from a list) and theres ony your party on the boat.
You see the Electric Water Pageant and then move to a great spot to watch the fireworks. The view is so good, it felt to us that this was the view you really needed to see them from.
We watched Wishes by the way. I understand there is an Illuminations cruise also but as good views are easy to come by for that, I would recommend the Wishes one.
There are also snacks/soft drinks included. I believe they said we could bring our own beer if wanted but we didn't feel the need.

Thank you! What great ideas! I have never been to Florida in December... Do you think it will be too cold for a boat cruise or is it still warm enough?

I boat my parents tickets to the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise (it's less expensive than the pontoon boats). They went in December. My mom brought a small blanket just in case she was cold. She gets cold easily. I can't remember if they said it was chilly. They loved it.

Would they enjoy having dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle. You could book and pay for it upfront. Then send an invitation "from Cinderella" to join her for dinner. If they are not into that kind of experience then dinner at Victoria and Albert's would be a memorable experience. It is very expensive, but there is not a better meal to be had at WDW (or most places). I think it is great that you are doing something special for your parents. Cheers!!!!!

Thank you! What great ideas! I have never been to Florida in December... Do you think it will be too cold for a boat cruise or is it still warm enough?

We did one in the first week of January and it was absolutely fine. We had my husbands parents who were in their 60s and they were comfortable. We wore hoodies and were just fine.
The blanket suggestion by another poster is a good idea if you feel the cold but we honestly didn't need it, though we're from the UK and well used to it being much chillier in Jan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter