• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice RE: airfare, travel times

grumpy28

DIS Veteran
Hey all. We are trying to plan a trip to Los Angeles, to visit family in Dec. We have gone a couple times before, but always in spring or summer. Last time we went was 2 years ago. Just got done looking up airfare, and :scared1: !! My questions for you travel experts: We are flying from NC to L.A. in Dec (hopefully!). Will the prices fall between now and then? Cheapest I found was about $350 (we usually fly at about $250). Have prices risen in the past 2 years, or should I be able to find cheaper tix if I wait? When is the best time to book? (BTW- we will not be traveling Christmas week, so that cannot be the reason for the high fares-I'm stumped!). TIA !! :)

Good luck on finding flights out for the $250 .

I think those days are few and far between for coastal travel.

Even SW Dings have still been $130+ from BWI and thats a HUB so prices are always cheaper from here .

Good luck and keep checking they change at different times of the day as well as from day to day.

Thanks I'mNoPrince! I guess I'll just have to glue my tush to the seat of this chair, and check constantly!

Cheapest I've seen is Northwest at $274 total and Airtran at $304 total (includes fees + taxes) but the NW return flight is a redeye.

Since Southwest started flying to Raleigh (and there are whispers that they might start flying from Charlotte to inflict more pain on USAirways), just keep an eye on their website.

Westbound flights from either city would be approximately thirty minutes longer than an eastbound one; a non-stop from LAX to CLT takes a little over four hours.

All of the airlines have been padding their schedules to save on fuel, as well as to accomodate the increasing number of aircraft in the sky.

Thanks for the tip about Southwest. I checked them last night and it was over $1300 for 3 people!! We will be flying out of Raleigh, and non stop would be super, but we will connect if that reduces the prices! I sure hope we can get a good deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter