Need advice on Vero

ltlmaint

Earning My Ears
Making a short trip to Vero with my sister in February. It is our first trip to Vero after many trips to Walt Disney. I can find basic information online about menus but I am looking for that seasoned, sage wisdom I always get from the Disboards.

What are your can't miss things to do at Vero? :confused3

Thanks,

Kim

A couple of suggestions:

* Breakfast in the fancier side of the restaurant (I forget the separate name);

* Green Cabin Room each evening / live entertainment (read as "guy w/ guitar") most nights, and the deck is open, offering great moonlit views;

* Dinner offsite most nights - one recommendation is Ocean Grille, a few miles south down in Vero proper. Very, very nice.

Very relaxing. Beach is fun, pool is great. You will want to travel offsite though as well.

We (DW, DS - 17, DD - 15) go once every two years, or so.

JFK

I am interested too. I am interested in recommendations on what to do as well as where to eat. We (2 or 3 adults) will be going in the early Fall.
TIA

My family stayed at Vero last year on our way to Miami. I remember the food being excellent. The restaurant on property is causual with just a hint of being upscale. I had the Pork Chop, which was awesome!!!!

DSC04761.jpg

My DW had the Steak.

DSC04764.jpg

DS had the Burger platter.

DSC04763.jpg

I don't recall what we had for dessert so it must not have been that memorable.

Just remembered something! The "must see" at Vero is the sunrise. DW and I got up very early the next morning and walked out onto the beach to see the sunrise. WOW, talk about breathtaking!! That would be my must see suggestion for Vero.

Hi
I would to recomend the ocean grill the food is fab but would suggest that you book as it gets real busy, also the boat trips from the marina are great.

We ate at all three resort restaurants, Shutters, Sonya's and The Green cabin Room at Vero Beach, and found the Green Cabin Room to be the best for dinner because of atmosphere. The Green Cabin Room gets its food from the lesser expensive Shutters restaurant downstairs. We felt that Shutters was the better deal of the two downstairs, because, allthough the selections were not identical, the food preperation was actually no better at Sonya's. Its presentation is up-scale, but I think an objective reviewer would not rate the value very high. I had steak, my son had chicken, and my wife had seafood. Off-site we ate at "Captain Hirams" and "Squidlips". Both were a better value than the Vero restaurants, and Suidlips has this peer that you can go onto during your meal and feed these very large toddler catfish. (I am assuming they were toddlers because they gobbled down the fries and refused to eat the green beans) Anyway, If your stay is long enough (you said it was short) I would try at least one of the off-site restaurants recommended by the check-in folks. We did the smors around the campfire deal and miniature golf together, my wife and son did craft making and archery, and I messed around in the exercise room. We were there long enough to do a lot of beach walking around the area. We did the seaturtle watch and we had a dolphin pop up about 30 feet from us while we were wading in the water one day. For a really short stay, I would try all three restaurants at the resort just to say I had been there and done that. For a can't miss natuaral deal I would probably agree with the sunrise, for a can't miss on-site Disney event, go with the smors camp fire. The cast members leading our group were very fun. We stayed 7 nights last time and my wife wants to stay at least 10 next time.

Hi-

I dont know if there is a "must see" at Vero. It is very laid back, very nice and very relaxing.

We were there as 3 adults, we swam, drank and swam. We ate on site only 2x at Shutters but found cheaper and better food off site driving around.

For me, and just my opinion, I LOVE the property but for the ocean and pool only. I normally love Disney as a RESORT, but at Vero, I love it as a hotel only.

It is a great place, but make sure you get out and explore.

Kim

Hi
I would to recomend the ocean grill the food is fab but would suggest that you book as it gets real busy, also the boat trips from the marina are great.
I totally forgot about the boat trips! Refresh my memory, is Ocean Grill going towards the town of Vero Beach? This will be on my next VB trip, thanks for your comments!:goodvibes

Our favorite restaurant when we go to Vero is SquidLips It is very casual and on a pier right over the water. We usually go for a late lunch, and when the weather is nice they have the side of the restaurant open. You can watch the dolphins and the boats, and the food is great. I love the bacon wrapped scallops and the coconut bread they serve.

We have gone to the Ocean Grille and it is nice, but we think the food is just ok and the price is expensive. Lunch is better than dinner there. Just our opinion though, because lots of people really like it.

Jan

I was looking through my Disney folder last night and found this pic of the sunrise at Vero. DW loved it. The photo doesn't do it justice, but at least you get a little hint of how nice it was. We were standing just outside the resort.
DSC04801.jpg

Here's a view of the resort from where we were standing (taken a little later that morning).
DSC04781.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter