need advice on Thanksgiving week crowds

renda460

Mouseketeer
We typically go to Disney during the Fall or Winter months and love the fact that there are no crowds. But next year my daughter will be in school and we would rather not take her out for an entire week. We were thinking of doing a trip the week of thanksgiving. Arriving at WDW the Sat before Thanksgiving and coming home the day after Thanksgiving.

My question is, when do the holiday crowds pick up? Will it be crowded my entire trip? Or does it just get bad from Wed on(day before Thanksgiving)?

Also, can I expect my airline tickets to be priced higher? Or will I avoid the holiday prices since I am not flying the typical travel days.

Any advice would be great.

It's one of the busiest weeks at Disney. IIRC, it's the second busiest time of the Disney year.

Have you flight prices? It's a very popular travel time.

Does anyone have any specific info in regards to the crowds the weekend before thanksgivng?

Do people think it is worth the crowds to be there for the holiday?

We did the exact same trip as you are planning, back in 2002. The crowds were VERY manageable until Wednesday afternoon, the day before Thanksgiving. We did visit MK on Thanksgiving day, and would not recommend that park on that day, but even then, it was very crowded but we still had a great time.

I can't remember flight prices, because most of the time, we use frequent flyer miles for free flights. Just can't remember if we did that trip or not, but if we didn't, we must have had a reasonable price for the 4 of us out of Logan!

We arrive the Friday before Thanksgiving and are staying til the Friday after..........
planning on spending thanksgiving in MGM....hope the crowds arent too bad
..........booked it all in May, and got good rates for the whole trip, wanted to stay til Sat or Sun but the plane fare was almost double to add the 2 days. HTH

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We are going at the exact same time. We are leaving Thanksgiving day. We were hoping that the crowds wouldn't be that bad until Wednesday.

Another option might be to take a close look at your school calendar at other times there are long weekends. At our school all they get off for Thanksgiving is thur. and fri. So they are still missing 3 days.

There may be other weeks that might be less busy and still only missing 3 days of school. For example in Oct. our school as a 4 day weekend. Also over Veterens Day weekend we get out an hour early on Wed. for teacher conferences and then off thur. and fri. now even though that is the same week as Jersey week I am sure it would have to be less busy than Thanksgiving week!

There is one other weekend in Jan. that our kids get a 4 day weekend also.

We are also going around that time, supposedly it doesn't get too bad until wednesday, and we are avoiding WDW on Thanksgiving day, and planning to go to Epcot on Friday since it can handle crowds better.

Jessica

Thank you all. I am happy to hear that it may not be that bad (crowds and airline prices).

I hadnt thought about days off for teacher conferences. I will have to get my hands on a school calendar and see if any fall during weeks with a day off already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter