• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice on quick trip to Disney

MouseEarsforUs

Earning My Ears
DH and I are thinking about a quick trip to WDW in a couple of weeks. Would you choose the "free" dining package with a regular rate room (mod) or would you choose a reduced rate room with buying 4 day park hopper tickets and just paying for food (not buying dp)? We usually stay at a mod or deluxe resort.

Never done the dining plan before so I don't know which plan would be cheaper. We would be celebrating our birthdays. Probably taking the kids to the Christmas party at MK too. I'm a little nervous about going on such short notice but DH wants to do something special for birthdays.

I would choose to pay out of pocket for food, but that's because I pick a lot and don't generally sit down for meals. But, to each there own. Have a wonderful trip!

We always get a better deal on the room rate than with the DDP. We have also found that we like the freedom to eat where and when we want to. So we would go with the reduced room rate.

Well..if you can get a better discount than 80$ off the room per night then a room discount would be better. If not, then I would consider the dining plan...but if you do, you may have difficulty getting reservations that you would like for dining. I think at this late hour, I'd take a room discount.

If staying deluxe the discount is a better deal than the free dining. I usually go for the discount and pay for the dining plan (you can turn a room discount into a package paying for tickets/dining). On short trips I've become a fan of using the Quick Service Dining Plan (QSDP). This gives you 2 counter service meals per day, 2 snacks and 1 refillable mug per person. On short trips I find I'd rather spend my time doing things other than dining. On my upcoming trip I'm doing the QSDP and paying for a breakfast on our last morning. :)

Good luck on your choices and have a great time!! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter