Need advice on fort wilderness reservations

rlcartie

Earning My Ears
would like to arrive in 2/18/12-2/25/12 but when i try online nothing is available
if i use 2/19/12-2/25/12 a full hook up is available.

my question:
would it be better to book full now and then try and get the 18th added on or just keep trying the website hoping the 18-25 becomes available?

also, we would like to be in premium/preferred. reserve full now and hope we can change or hold out???

thanks for any advice. we stayed in 400 last year and kids loved it. would love to be able to get back in that loop!

I would book it if you are booking room only you can cancel up to 7 days before your trip. Keep checking for what you want and if it becomes available then change it. the key is to keep checking.

I would book it. Chances are good that you will be able to change your reservation prior to that date. Just check availability on a daily basis. That is what I did with our last trip just a few weeks ago. I had changed our reservation twice as new dates / sites opened up.

The best trick to use is searching for a longer period of time than what you need. I just searched 2/14 thru 2/25 and a Premium site was available. Once you book it you can then call and cancel the days you don't need.

I would book the full hookup site & keep trying to upgrade, as you get closer to the dates you need you might catch a cancellation

The best trick to use is searching for a longer period of time than what you need. I just searched 2/14 thru 2/25 and a Premium site was available. Once you book it you can then call and cancel the days you don't need.

can you really do this? if so, all i have to do is pay the deposit and then call and cancel the days i do not want tomorrow?

can you really do this? if so, all i have to do is pay the deposit and then call and cancel the days i do not want tomorrow?

Yes. Book a longer period that includes all of the dates you want. Disney's ressie system is pre-disposed to favor long term stays (up to 30 days) and look down on weekend stays or week long during popular periods.

As others say, book any length of time you can get for the type of site you want. Any room-only ressie requires only a one-night deposit. Then call back in a few days and drop the unwanted days to end up with what you want. The Fort computer system has been this way for years. Since you are looking for a stay next month (so close to today) that could be problematic but this approach coupled with calling every day usually gets folks the dates they want/need.

Enjoy your stay.

Bama ED :3dglasses

Agreed. The other posters are correct.
I am not sure why inventory control feels it makes more sense to make people book longer stays just to get the dates they want. Especially when you only have to cancel 5 days prior to arrival (so why not hold what you have till the last minute?) Note: That cancellation policy is for campsites with room only reservations, not WDTC packages. To me this sort of booking arangement makes no sense at all, but they have been doing it that way for over 10 years.

PS
This is one reason why you'll see DIS posters especailly around the holidays post that they are canceling or letting part of their reservation go. So that we here maybe able to grab a needed night or stay. :) It's worked for me a couple of times around Thanksgiving...thanks DISboarders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter