• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice: 'Ohana breakfast or lunch @ 50's prime time?

MommyRobin

Mouseketeer
I originally had a lunch prime time ressie (11:35), but a late breakfast ressie (10:10) just came up (thanks to the cancellation thread:)). But I'm still wondering what to do. I have a 3 y/o and a 7 y/o and I think that they will really enjoy Ohana's, more so than the Prime Time. I've also heard really good things about Ohana's and I think that my kids will be getting a better meal there (vs the kids meal at Prime Time). I really would prefer for our TS meal to be later in the day, but I'm wondering if this breakfast is worth the change. I also liked how the Prime Time was right in HS and we wouldn't need as much time out of the park. Looking at the map (I'm a newbie), it looks like HS is really far away from the Poly, and that's originally where I had planned for us to spend the morning (I am now thinking of swapping the morning to MK).

If we do go to MK, how long does it take to get to the Poly?

Most importantly, which ressie do you think I should keep?

Hey Robin! The Poly is quite a trek from DHS, and if you're using Disney transportation, that means waiting for a bus twice to get to and from the Poly from DHS. If you choose to do 'Ohana, I'd definitely say switch the park to the MK that morning. Getting from MK to Poly is quick -- eithe jump on the monorail (third stop from the MK) or get the boat from MK to GF to Poly.

As for which ressie to keep, I agree that 'Ohana will probably be a better meal than the 50's kids' meals. Here are the pros of each:

'Ohana -- Characters at breakfast (including Mickey), great food spread, good atmosphere.

50's -- Fun atmosphere. Chances are the server will make YOU do silly things and make your kiddos laugh. Nuance might be lost on them, but they'll have fun. Food is good at 50's as well. Not 100% sure about the kids meals.

If I were you, I'd choose to do MK and 'Ohana, but I don't know your kiddos or how much fun they'd have with the 50's vibe. If they're shy, they probably won't love 50's prime time as much as if they were outgoing and interested in talking with the server.

Good luck!

Definitely Ohanas! My kids enjoy 50's, but really we aren't that impressed with the food. And have been there 3 times and never saw the servers really interacting with anyone in a fun way.

But Ohana's... love it! Food is good and characters are FANTASTIC! Definitely would switch to Ohanas without a doubt!

my kids always preffered a big breakfast before a day in the parcs, they loved the best friends breakfast at the poly, we have been twice and the characters are always great ! they seem to do more than your standard stop at the table and move on, last time we were there, mickey and stitch had a lightsaber sword fight, they also hand out morroccas and shakers and have a parade with the kids.
the food is wonderful, fresh,hot mickey waffles, sticky yummy pineapple and assorted sweet breads, eggs,bacon,sausages,potatoes, coffee and yummy papaya(i think) punch.

Thank you for all the advice! My dd (7) ending up agreeing with all of you about Ohana and is really excited! Ohana it is!

I've never been to 50's PT, but Ohana's was my favorite breakfast of the week. I'd switch the park for the morning from DHS to MK. You just have to ride the monorail from MK to Poly, maybe 15 total from waiting to board until you get to Poly, probably less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter