• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Advice - How flexible is WDW?

UmustBGrumpy

Earning My Ears
Scheduled to leave in less than 3 weeks but travel plans are now up in the air. Close family member very ill and not expected to survive more than a few weeks. How acomodating will Disney be if we have to cancel at the very last minute. Will they try accomodate us for the holidays if we want to move our dates back a week or two? Need to know my options to start planning for the worst.

I'm very sorry about you're loved one.

You're best bet would be to call you're resort or whomever you booked through to find out from them directly.

Welcome to the DIS:D

Did you purchase trip insurance? You're within your 45 day window, so they may charge you something to transfer the dates and may keep your deposit if you decide to cancel altogether. I would definitely call and explain, they may be more understanding once they know the situation. I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

Well, the 45 day window only applies for packages, or reservations booked online. If it's a room only booking then they have until 5 days before the trip to cancel or change plans.

I'm very sorry about your situation, but I agree that calling Disney would be the best way to find out. Hope everything works out for you.

They do have a heart. Disney was EXTREMELY accommodating to us last year. My son was in an accident days before we were to leave for our May trip. We waited until the last minute to cancel. I mean the night before our flight. My husband called WDW and they canceled our room request and waived the cancelation policy so was not charged for the room and credit our credit card for the deposits (actually 2 different deposits). The airlines also wavied the penalty to that we could apply our fare to another flight. We did leave a week later and had no problem getting a room or flights (figured it was meant to be).

WDW was very accommodating to my family as well. My father-in-law was dying and we canceled a couple of days before the trip. They did not charge me and returned my deposit. I was very appreciative.

We didn't have to cancel but while on a previous trip with my sister and BIL his grandmother passed while we were there and so they needed to leave several days early. We were afraid that they would have to pay for the additional days that were reserved to them but they were very understanding and didn't have to pay for the rest of the reservation dates.

As others stated I'd call and exaplain the situation.

I hope that everything works out for you and all my best to your family member.

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind thoughts. I booked a room only so the 5 days cancellation notice will help. Will take your advice and call Disney and hope for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter