Need advice for pre & post Fantasy cruise on 12/26. Please!!

mamabear4

Earning My Ears
Thank you in advance to anyone who will take the time to read this and offer any suggestions! My family of 6 (4 adults 2 kids) are taking the post Christmas cruise on the Fantasy out of Port Canaveral. There are so many details to this trip that planning has my head swimming. With less than a month away it's really starting to stress me out. I have yet to book a pre cruise hotel. Flying in from California on 12/24. Would like a nice hotel semi close to the port, Cocoa Beach area with full amenities (possibly oceanfront). We fly into Mlb at 10:30 at night. Some hotels have shuttle service from airport. Some have shuttle service to port. Haven't found any that offer both as well as being a nice place to spend Christmas and enjoy family time before cruise.

To add confusion we are heading to WDW post cruise and staying at the Beach Club Villas but I need to book one night in another hotel immediately after the cruise since the BCV wasn't available right away. Would like to take advantage of Disney transportation somewhere along the way. We do leave out of Orlando airport at the end of trip. Maybe that's my only Disney shuttle opportunity. Whew :) Any Disney experts out there want to take a crack at this I'd be most appreciative!

Can't help with hotels at the port, but for the one night after the cruise you might want to look at staying at one of the WDW resorts. Art of Animation and Allstars Music offer family rooms that can accommodate larger families. Any Disney resort would also take care of transferring your luggage to the Beach Club Villas the next day. However, with a party of 6 it might be cheaper to get a private transfer instead of the Disney one from port to WDW.

Can't help with hotels at the port, but for the one night after the cruise you might want to look at staying at one of the WDW resorts. Art of Animation and Allstars Music offer family rooms that can accommodate larger families. Any Disney resort would also take care of transferring your luggage to the Beach Club Villas the next day. However, with a party of 6 it might be cheaper to get a private transfer instead of the Disney one from port to WDW.
Thanks for that! I was thinking of the hassle of schlepping our luggage from one hotel to the next and did not know that Disney would take care of that. I wonder if that pertains to staying in a DVC @ Boardwalk as well? I will look into the two hotels you mentioned @ WDW. I have only stayed at the Poly years ago and aren't familiar with those two resorts. Do you have any recommendations on private transfers from port to WDW? Thanks!

I would recommend to ask about the luggage transfer between WDW hotels on the WDW Resorts board. There should also be information about all the different hotels and people might be able to give you some input as to what they would recommend for your family. I think the question is if you all need one room or if you can split up into two rooms.

I am sorry, I never used a private transfer, but if no one jumps in here with a recommendation, just start a new thread asking specifically for recommendations. I tried a search, but did not come up with a recent useful thread.

I hope you will soon get it sorted out! Have a great cruise!

DCL transfers from the Port to WDW cost $35 per person. For six of you, that's a bit pricey for a bus trip. Check out Happy Limo's web site.

Looks like there is a Crowne Plaza that is on the ocean close to the airport. They are usually pretty nice! That might work for you?

DCL transfers from the Port to WDW cost $35 per person. For six of you, that's a bit pricey for a bus trip. Check out Happy Limo's web site.
Thank you I will. I tried getting a quote on line last night and it wasn't working. Will try again later. Have you used them yourself before?

I would recommend to ask about the luggage transfer between WDW hotels on the WDW Resorts board. There should also be information about all the different hotels and people might be able to give you some input as to what they would recommend for your family. I think the question is if you all need one room or if you can split up into two rooms.

I am sorry, I never used a private transfer, but if no one jumps in here with a recommendation, just start a new thread asking specifically for recommendations. I tried a search, but did not come up with a recent useful thread.

I hope you will soon get it sorted out! Have a great cruise!
You are so right. I probably should have started a thread over there as well since much of this has to do with WDW. Thanks for your help!

Looks like there is a Crowne Plaza that is on the ocean close to the airport. They are usually pretty nice! That might work for you?
That is one that was on my list. Will check it out again just couldn't remember if they had a shuttle service at all. Not that that should be a deal breaker but with so many details of this trip making me dizzy it's nice when some of them can be taken care of by another party ;) Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter