Need advice/encouragement for room reorganization

MeredithJ

Mouseketeer
This weekend I had a very ambitious plan to move around EVERY single piece of furniture in my scraproom to make a more functional arrangement and to make it easier to put things away (closet doors were previously blocked which was part of my storage problem). Anyway, I started to remove things from the room, and quickly filled the living room space with an assortment of goodies.

After several GLARING looks from my husband, I decided to stop removing stuff from the room, and instead moved things from one surface at a time. Then moving that piece, and once it is in place, pile stuff on that, move to the next piece of furniture. Needless to say, this was not the most efficient way to do things and now every single surface is covered and I still have one more piece to move. There is still stuff all over the living room also.

Two problems. First, I need somewhere to put the stuff from the desk, so I can move it. The floors and surfaces are all covered except for where I am moving that to. Second, I am feeling very discouraged and overwhelmed by this large project. I don't have the luxury of doing a little at a time, I need to get this done ASAP so my messiness doesn't affect the rest of the house. Any advice or encouragement you can share would be greatly appreciated. Or if you happen to have a magic wand you could loan me, that would be even better :wizard: LOL

I know you all will understand, so I appreciate any tips or suggestions. :grouphug:

I am sending you hugs because I know exactly how you feel!! I also get overwhelmed doing these kinds of projects. The only advice I can share is to only concentrate on one surface at a time. Or if you prefer, one type of item at a time, for example, if you have lots of paper or stickers to be organized and put away, only work on one thing at a time. It'll all come together! :hug::grouphug::hug:

Thats all I seem to be doing in my scrapbooking room is reorganizing. I think because I LOVE:love:to GOOGLE_IMAGE-scrapbook rooms or YOUTUBE. I think that I have saw millions of ideas by now.

Thats all I seem to be doing in my scrapbooking room is reorganizing. I think because I LOVE:love:to GOOGLE_IMAGE-scrapbook rooms or YOUTUBE. I think that I have saw millions of ideas by now.

I have never googled anything like this! There are some amazing picutres!! WOW!!!! is all I can say!! LOL

Do you have anything in the closet now? If there is anything, can it be temporarily moved to another closet?
I would either start or finish in the closet. If you have a storage solution for the closet you could build that first then organize and store that space, which should clear up some floor and table top space.
Or you could box everything and stack bins or boxes of your supplies in the closet and finish it last.

When redoing my room I had to keep everything either in there or in the basement because our house is small so I feel your pain, but really the only way to do it was to box the stuff up and stack it high.

All I can offer is good luck and agree with what Buffy had to say about trying to use the closet.

Rebecca

Thanks everyone for your tips and advice. The closet option could work, I do have quite a few things in there already, but I will probably be re-working that also. I only hesitated to do the "boxing up" option because I have bad habit of throwing things in bins and bags when I need to clean up quick and then I have bins and boxes of misc crap that start overtaking the garage :scared1:

I actually thought of one more idea, and that is to leave the desk where it is, and move the loveseat kind of at a diagonal, it would mean less moving around of stuff, and I'm thinking I might like the set up a little better....asssuming it fits this way, this may be the route to go. Then I will just need to start putting things in place, which I proably won't have time to do until Sunday.

Now, for the google images of scrapbook rooms, this is how I got myself into this mess in the first place, so you have been forwarned.....:rotfl: Between that and watching episodes of "clean house" it gave me way too many ideas of organized bliss :rolleyes1

Thanks again everyone, and happy organizing to us all :yay:

I hope moving the loveseat around helps!!

I hear you on the bins and boxes, I feel the same way.
Show pics too, in progress and when you are done.

Ok, so the moving of the loveseat is not going to work :scratchin It is too big to put at the angle like I was hoping. However, the desk will fit in the spot I was planning on moving it to, it will just block the window a little, but that's ok I guess, since there is a nothing but a huge bush in front of that window anyway, so who wants to look at that...LOL

I got started on clearing the desk off tonight and I'm almost done :banana: DH will move it for me on Sat night, so I can "hopefully" start putting things back in place on Sunday. Great idea about the "in-progress pic" Buffy, once I charge my camera, I will take a pic before I start putting things away, and then take some pics of the finished project. After all this, I might just frame those pictures and hang them in the room as my inspiration to keep it neat and tidy :rotfl2:

One other good thing, I actually found my crop bag and tool kit to take with me to a crop tomorrow, so I guess I'm not so disorganized that I couldn't find the essentials :laughing:

Thanks again for all the advice and encouragement, you are all awesome :hug:

I've been doing the same, and I have no room to move things out of the room, so I've had to do it all inside the room too. I've been at it for weeks. Today, I found the floor though. LOL

I've got stuff in temporary boxes too.

Round 2 will start when I have to build the new furniture in the room, move it into place, move contents from old furniture into new furniture, then move old furniture out.

ALONE because DH is away for the year.

I started this 2 wks before he left.....in an attempt to distract myself from the fact that he was leaving. Crazy woman!!!

:rotfl2:
I live on Google Images & YouTube....just for ideas of everything in life. LOL

Just wanted to update you on where I am with this project....all furniture has been moved to the new spots in the room, and I have to say, it doesn't look half bad! Not exactly as I pictured it, but it will definitely be more functional than before. DH is putting together a small bookcase for me today for additional storage, and once that is done, I will be able to start putting everything away!! :cheer2:

I did take pics of my "mid-progress" state, and will upload them later this week. I am working almost 70 hours this week, so not much will be getting done until Sunday. Going to the Scrapbook Expo in Orlando in 2 weeks, so my goal is to be done with the room, with crop kits packed and ready to go by then, and of course, if I know what I have, maybe then I won't buy something at the Expo that I already have 3 of at home, but forgot I bought it before or lost it in the mess :eek:

My wife and I just started the planning stags of our room too, so I feel your pain Move from one pile to another for awhile was what we did too. We are gtting there now but just starting was hardest. We have to move some furniture out and get a new work surface .

Squid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter