Need advice -- casual Birthday Party invitation

packetminnie

Mouseketeer
About two weeks ago, my DS 10, ADHD Aspergers, was invited to another Aspie's bday party. We ran into him and his mom at a store and they started talking (knew each other from school). His Mom took down my tele # and address and said they would be having a party on the 28th and invitations would go out on Monday (this was Sunday). So far, no invite.:confused3 Do I call and ask about the invite or just leave it alone? DS hasn't mentioned it again but I don't think he has forgotten.

I would call just to say high and see what is going on. Fellow aspie families are hard to find and it is worth some extra effort. While your son has not mentioned it if he was excited about it at the time I would be surprised if he has forgotten.

Remember you are dealing with another aspie family, I do not know how many times I have lost a not of just forgotten about something like this and am always appreciative of a reminder

bookwormde

Thanks for the advice. I called yesterday and left a message on the machine. The mom called this evening to give the info over the phone. We are going out to get him a present tomorrow morning before the pool party. No explanation -- no must have got lost in the mail. I'm trying to stay positive for DS sake but wth??:confused3

We went to the party, DS had a wonderful time. There were about 15 kids there and DS knew about half of them. When the birthday boy saw my son he said I didn't know you were coming to my party. My son replied you invited me 2 weeks ago. The mom was standing right there and she did look a little embarrassed.

I don't know. I'm just sad that another aspie mom would treat an aspie this way. I know she knows how important birthday party invitations or playdates are to our kids.

Glad to hear it went well, I wonder if she is the Aspie in the family?

bookwormde

Glad to hear it went well, I wonder if she is the Aspie in the family?

bookwormde

I was thinking along those lines. It would never occur to me that it would be a social faux pas. I just never think about those things.

For example, Kayla has a respite girl come every Saturday. We stay in the house with her, but it gives me a chance to do something with my older DD without being interupted. Except DH usually interupts me to remind me that I didn't offer the respite girl a glass of water or lunch AGAIN, because I forget every week. I'm not trying to be rude or inhospitable, I just don't remember because dealing with people is something that I'm just not good at.

Ecki

OT

Sounds like our vacations overlap I am arriving 8/8 for 2 nights WL then 5 nights OKW 1br then 2 nights Sanibel, but we will be back to BC studio for 2 days on the 17th

bookwormde

We went to the party, DS had a wonderful time. There were about 15 kids there and DS knew about half of them. When the birthday boy saw my son he said I didn't know you were coming to my party. My son replied you invited me 2 weeks ago. The mom was standing right there and she did look a little embarrassed.

I don't know. I'm just sad that another aspie mom would treat an aspie this way. I know she knows how important birthday party invitations or playdates are to our kids.

I would give the mom a break--you don't know what issues she is dealing with in addition to her son . . . . she might have lost the note with your name and number, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter